Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK, I’ll give my Craz some bumps at the next fill-up.

No kidding on the gawking at the gas station. Actually had a clerk run out the store toward me before asking to take a picture of my rig. Startled me until I realized she’d probably never seen such a beautiful watercraft.

True story. The blue metal flake hull is very attractive.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Surf Edition

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71
    5.3L V8
    Rough Country 3.5” Suspension Lift
    Helwig Springs

1999 Moomba Outback (sold)
    Gone but not forgotten.

About a month ago while filling up, I had a guy start asking me questions about boats. He said he was interested in getting into boating and wanted something new. He said something along the lines of a boat like this cost what, about 40k? I had to chuckle and told him he should probably do a little research. Told him he needed to double his guess give or take a few thousand. Then proceeded to tell him that is just the boat, he would still need to take into account maintenance, water toys, possible storage, gas to use it, etc. Not to mention he would need something a little bigger than what he was driving to tow it. His jaw about dropped. Clearly has not even looked into boat ownership.
    2018 Moomba Mondo

It is amazing the ideas people have about inboards, cost & tow vehicles.

Even I didn’t appreciate all the guys I see pulling surf boat tandem trailers with HD pickups. My 1/2 ton handles the Craz OK but the HD towing package & 2500 lb. helper springs I added really help. If I added any dry ballast weight to the boat I’d probably want to move up to an HD pickup. My next 1/2 ton will have at least 10K towing capacity.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Surf Edition

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71
    5.3L V8
    Rough Country 3.5” Suspension Lift
    Helwig Springs

1999 Moomba Outback (sold)
    Gone but not forgotten.