Question Moomba Makai Step through filler

This is maybe a dumb question if this exists as an option but I just havent found due to terminology, but does a pad exist that can be placed in the step through from transom to main cabin on the Makai?

I love everything I am hearing and seeing about the Makai, it ticks a LOT of boxes for me, but we really like the idea of a full sun lounge area at the back of the boat. My wife is 5'10 and I am 6'4 so the only option would be lying horizontally on the padded section at the back of the boat. However, the transom walk through splits out this seating area. It feels like a easy fix for Moomba would be the have a seating pad that can be placed within the walkthrough to fill the gap between seating areas when moored in a cove and relaxing around the back of the boat, and removed later.

Does this exist and I'm just missing it? If not, please consider making this Moomba as you'll help WAF on my next purchase tremendously!
    Last edited by BoatingGreg; 08-12-2020 at 06:28 PM.

don't see that it's an option. have the dealer order 2 yards of same fabric from the sundeck and have an upholstery shop build one.
    bet it would be a $500+ option IF it was available and betting you could get something built that would fit the bill for the same or possibly a little less.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Filler on the Supra walk through is only
    $280 but thinking with the flip up seats it’s not a highly utilized option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Filler on the Supra walk through is only
    $280 but thinking with the flip up seats it’s not a highly utilized option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the filler for mine and it lives in the garage. The walkthrough is so much better and no one lays on the rear deck in my experience they would be in the way of everyone getting in and out of the boat
    2020 Supra SA

current and last boat we have owned have a flip over upholstered part. walk on one side, sundeck on the other. we have never turned either over.
    boat prior had a piece that we could stick in to convert. it was still in the plastic when we sold the boat same as sonic.

do get that some want to use it. should be an option that can be checked off.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks for the suggestion regarding upholstery shop. Since it's not a stock option th as t might be the best bet. My other reasoning is that I have small kids and anything that helps corral them one way or another is always useful too!

Very interesting to hear that you haven't seen the utilization of the sun deck area. I guess that people often are in the water or in main cabin area, but I ca. Definitely see that area being used. I could get a Regal LS4 instead with the big lounge seats on the back 😀

Appreciate the clarification and suggestions!
    Last edited by BoatingGreg; 08-12-2020 at 09:52 PM.

We used to use the sun deck to lay around a lot when our kids were little, we're both tall too so we were a little hesitant even with our mojo that has the walk over pad, but honestly now that kids have gotten older, I like having our step pad and I would like the new walk through. I would bet a cushion would stay in our garage right along side our center bench backrest...

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

2021s will have a walk-through filler option

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    We used to use the sun deck to lay around a lot when our kids were little, we're both tall too so we were a little hesitant even with our mojo that has the walk over pad, but honestly now that kids have gotten older, I like having our step pad and I would like the new walk through. I would bet a cushion would stay in our garage right along side our center bench backrest...

My kids are 1 and 3, so I think i have a few years yet of the back space being a good lay around area. I also like the idea of being able to corral them a bit more effectively in the main seating area. I expect the same as you've experience, as they get older, the walk through has a lot more utility than a full sun deck, but I like the idea of having the option for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    2021s will have a walk-through filler option
    Awesome, glad to hear that!