Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Dealer Lost Supra License

They have been up and running in Cali for some time now. That’s where I got my SE. They even expanded the SoCal facility over the past few months. Hope to see them expand to other locations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    He probably makes all of his numbers easily. Hence the lines.

Yep, last time I visited the dealer, to pick up my repaired racks, they had very little inventory in stock. He told me his sales have been off the charts. Sold several X-24's including one to a friend of ours who traded their '18 XT-25 which sold within a few days. I traded my Mojo in and it never hit the listing, it was gone the next day. Its crazy here. The dealer is located in the central Mn lakes area, lots of wealth, its a small town surrounded by farms and dotted with beautiful lakes and its a common sight to see supercars in this little town, Porsche's, Lambo's, Ferrari's. The lake, Gull lake, is lined by multimillion dollar homes. One of our pass times when we go there is just cruise around, have a few cocktails and gawk at all the amazing weekend lake cabins, some of which are multiple times the size of my house.
    So yeah, he's in an ideal spot to sell 100k+ boats all day long. He's making his number alright.
    Good for him though, they deserve it. They have amazing customer service and follow up.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    What do you need done? Winterize is easy no way I would pull it 8 hours for that.
    I totally agree. Having some warranty work done as well - the previous dealer broke the small tabs on the engine cover so getting that replaced, I get a shutter in the steering wheel from takeoff when pulling a surfer under full ballast and then it goes away once up to speed (prop does not appear to damaged) and lastly I'm getting some water in bow. Haven't been able to pinpoint the issue yet but it seems like the front bag is leaking or the docking lights are leaking. Weird thing is it doesn't happen every time I surf, only happens during surfing and it is not from rollers coming over the bow. Might try taking the docking lights out this weekend and resealing them to see what happens.
    2016 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the closest supra dealer in Tennessee is in Knoxville. There is one in KY I believe. I would think that a supra dealership would do very well in middle TN. At the boat show I spoke with some guys from a supra dealership in Knoxville and they were trying to get a dealership opened in Nashville. I'm assuming covid has hindered those plans?
    Correct on the Knoxville/Nashville Supra thing. Assume it has to do with:

1) Getting the territory from SC - probably already done.

2) Get the capital to open and run the new business

3) Having the correct business plan to start with your home dealership in one city, but operate another 2-3 hours away.

4) Mgmt to run it.

The lead sales guy in Knoxville has been increasing the number of new Supras each year on the lakes. Good to see with all the MCs and BUs around this area.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 08-15-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I don't quite get it, if I were trying to sell boats (skiiers choice) any dealer that's competent enough to service the boats would be more money in my pocket. Even if they sell one boat that's still one more than you sold otherwise.

Getting Supra's in front of mastercraft and Nautique buyers should be priority one, they shouldn't discourage it.
    Not sure SC would see selling one boat would to be beneficial. I believe they would rather give that 1 build slot to a higher volume dealer with hopes of getting a new repeat SC buyer. The build slots have been sold out for the last two years. 2021 will probably be the same.

Opposite is happening in NC. Southtown is getting rid of MC or MC is getting rid of Southtown. Assume it was the low numbers of boats being sold. If you listen/read about the MC fan club of that area, they say they pushed the SC line over MC. Plus, MC had a multiple dealers in a small area, which is a weird scenario.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    If you listen/read about the MC fan club of that area, they say they pushed the SC line over MC.
    if there's one thing I know from managing commissioned people years ago they (1) sell the item with the highest profit to them first and foremost and (2) if out of that item, then sell anything else on the lot like it's the best thing ever. but always revert to (1) first.

that would likely explain the push for SC. as I have perused onlyinboards over the last couple of years when buying our last 2 boats it is very apparent that MC, bu and axis flood the market and seems they always have holdovers every year. this deflates the price of the boats and eats into commissions a dealer can pay it's sale staff. tige, SC, MB and a few others seem to sell most of what's built keeping inventory in check and prices higher. good for business and good for resale down the road.
    take 5 minutes and look at 2020 inventory left on onlyinboards and it's almost exclusively from the 3 listed above.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if there's one thing I know from managing commissioned people years ago they (1) sell the item with the highest profit to them first and foremost and (2) if out of that item, then sell anything else on the lot like it's the best thing ever. but always revert to (1) first.

that would likely explain the push for SC. as I have perused onlyinboards over the last couple of years when buying our last 2 boats it is very apparent that MC, bu and axis flood the market and seems they always have holdovers every year. this deflates the price of the boats and eats into commissions a dealer can pay it's sale staff. tige, SC, MB and a few others seem to sell most of what's built keeping inventory in check and prices higher. good for business and good for resale down the road.
    take 5 minutes and look at 2020 inventory left on onlyinboards and it's almost exclusively from the 3 listed above.
    100% agree
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Not sure SC would see selling one boat would to be beneficial. I believe they would rather give that 1 build slot to a higher volume dealer with hopes of getting a new repeat SC buyer. The build slots have been sold out for the last two years. 2021 will probably be the same.

Opposite is happening in NC. Southtown is getting rid of MC or MC is getting rid of Southtown. Assume it was the low numbers of boats being sold. If you listen/read about the MC fan club of that area, they say they pushed the SC line over MC. Plus, MC had a multiple dealers in a small area, which is a weird scenario.

Gotcha,
    I wasn't aware all the build slots were filled. I have heard from my dealer and others that SC is pushing hard to try to take market share/ increase volume.
    If that's not the case then the current strategy makes sense.
    2020 Supra SA

SC is a boutique boat and I believe they sell out every year.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan