View Poll Results: Best tower speakers for less money?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Infinity

1 11.11%
  • Bazooka

0 0%
  • Kenwood

3 33.33%
  • Pioneer

0 0%
  • Sony

0 0%
  • Kicker

2 22.22%
  • Polk

3 33.33%
  • Clarion

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOWER SPEAKERS

Default TOWER SPEAKERS

Well..easy question..Waiting for new boat I will need a pair of tower speakers, boat comes with 6 but none on the tower, I would like people in forum told their favourite speakers in relation with their cost...in other words ..what is the best buy.

Also looking for Tower speakers, Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

If your just wanting regular speakers on the tower, the polk mmc650's work good. I just picked up a set of dual speaker cans on ebay with polk speakers from liquid audio for 480.00. I couldn't assemble a set myself for that, it's a top notch setup, the only thing I dont like is the clamps don't fit real tight so I'm going to modify them. I will have pics tomorrow of the complete install with the amps and everything. If your concerned with speakers the rider can hear though, your going to need some of the pro audio type speakers, like wetsounds and such. but your gonna spend 1200+ on one of those setups.

Quote Originally Posted by rbc_racing
    ...the only thing I dont like is the clamps don't fit real tight so I'm going to modify them.
    Little Tip:

The rubber/friction/handle tape for tennis rackets/golf clubs works great as an anti slip and a protectant from metal on metal slippage. It is thick and non marring.

If you have a monster rack with the plastic inserts it wont work though.

FYI

I am running a set of Audioformz loaded with Polk DB675 speakers. I absolutely love them. They are really clear at 70 feet and do the job for me. Check out my Moomba Tower project link for the install.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

none that are listed, save your money and get some Wetsounds, they have the new Pro 60s that will be out in May and should be more affordable. I run a pair of the Pro 80s and they are insane. Just today we were laughing at the people dancing to our music on the bank of the lake and they were easily 50 yards away. Nothing else compares.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311
    none that are listed, save your money and get some Wetsounds, they have the new Pro 60s that will be out in May and should be more affordable. I run a pair of the Pro 80s and they are insane. Just today we were laughing at the people dancing to our music on the bank of the lake and they were easily 50 yards away. Nothing else compares.

Are the Pro 60's better and cheaper than the 80's or just cheaper?

the 60s are a little smaller and just as good as the 80s and should be cheaper. I have yet to see the prices on them though.
    http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/produ..._features.html

i have 4 Klipsch exterior SA-1 speakers.I made brackets for them and mounted them on a 1/2inch thick x 3 inchw x 50 inches long mounted to the tower.Each set of speakers is driven by a JL Audio E2150 amp.Sounds great and are loud.I got the aluminum from McMaster-Carr.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311
    the 60s are a little smaller and just as good as the 80s and should be cheaper. I have yet to see the prices on them though.
    http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/produ..._features.html

So I appologize for asking a dumb question, but Is there already a decent amp in my new boat. (07 XLV GG) I mean I haven't even signed the final paperwork yet or seen it up close so I wouldn't really know. If there is or isn't whats a good way to go about it. Keep the stock amp or go bigger?? Also, do you know when the price for the Pro 60's will be out?

Thanks Pickle