Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Nautique charges $10k... it’s on par.

Insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Not going to lie. After the last 4 days of teaching new people how to surf and ski....I might change my opinion on the thrusters. While I Agree the price is crazy high....so are the boat prices in general. If you can afford $170k for a boat, I guess you can afford the $8k for the thrusters. With current, wind, and people not being ready behind the boat when needed, I could see where moving the back of the boat a few feet one way or the other could be great. I had never really thought about any use other than docking, but this thread had me thinking all weekend how nice those things would be as I made a second circle around my skier .

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

My exact feelings. Feel like a broken record to the newbs I am teaching "apologies....the wind is forcing the nose that way...hold on for a sec..." And then they struggle to reposition or waves I was trying to get in front of catch up etc. Not as much of an issue when its just my family, but kids (and me) always have friends looking to go out.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Maybe I have dreams of my wife dropping me off at the dock to get the truck and trailer, backing the trailer in the water and having her float the boat onto the trailer as I ratchet it up and pull to the tie down lane.......lol

Now that is hilarious because it's so true! I parked a truck and trailer for a stranger this weekend because it was a bit windy so the dude was on the boat. His wife pulled the trailer up into the lot and parked the truck in the middle of the road, got out and asked the attendant if there were any pull through spots. He said no, you'll have to back it in and she just about melted like the Wicked Witch of the East. We were standing right there so I told her I would park it for her. I think 90% are in the same situation.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Idiots is a strong word, but I have seen a bunch of threads on different brand pages of people buying new Moomba, Axis, Nautique as their first boat. Not even first wakeboat, first boat! I think a lot of it has to do with surfing and how it is so much less intimidating for newbies. I don’t like the extra people on the lake and I’m not a fan of the rising prices, but it’s working out for boat sales. And surfing is really taking over as the main “tow” sport.

OK, for those of you that have been boating enthusiasts for years with multiple boats..... It took me 4 years of brow beating my wife for us to get into a boat. We got a surf boat because we want to surf and the kids want to swim. My boys might like wakeboarding as some point as they get older so V-drive boat right out of the gate. Is the learning curve steep, yes but over all we are very courteous boaters, we don't take up dock space when launching or trailering because we go early and take out early. Would it be better if we were a bit more time efficient yes so maybe the thruster option will be on our next boat so my wife or my teen(s) can handle the boat with more confidence on and off the trailer at the dock. No one taught me how to do any of this and because we are driving a very expensive boat I have taken time to learn to handle the boat. So is $8k MSRP too much? Maybe not if it protects our investment, keeps my fellow boating community happier and gives me more options on who is driving the boat when putting in or taking out.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

I have the thruster on my g23 and at first I used it all the time in auto mode... now I just use it manually when needed docking...especially if wind is high and waves are coming in. The g is a bit of a pig at low speeds, so to me, it’s worth it. And what’s another 8-10k when you are north of 180-200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
    I have the thruster on my g23 and at first I used it all the time in auto mode... now I just use it manually when needed docking...especially if wind is high and waves are coming in. The g is a bit of a pig at low speeds, so to me, it’s worth it. And what’s another 8-10k when you are north of 180-200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Great example on a 23 foot tall freeboard application.

I would say this is similar to the SA responsiveness at the dock.

It’s a high cost but when you visit as many lakes as I do, you never know what docking conditions you may encounter.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by NewbFam5 View Post
    OK, for those of you that have been boating enthusiasts for years with multiple boats..... It took me 4 years of brow beating my wife for us to get into a boat. We got a surf boat because we want to surf and the kids want to swim. My boys might like wakeboarding as some point as they get older so V-drive boat right out of the gate. Is the learning curve steep, yes but over all we are very courteous boaters, we don't take up dock space when launching or trailering because we go early and take out early. Would it be better if we were a bit more time efficient yes so maybe the thruster option will be on our next boat so my wife or my teen(s) can handle the boat with more confidence on and off the trailer at the dock. No one taught me how to do any of this and because we are driving a very expensive boat I have taken time to learn to handle the boat. So is $8k MSRP too much? Maybe not if it protects our investment, keeps my fellow boating community happier and gives me more options on who is driving the boat when putting in or taking out.
    I was actually trying to defend people at the docks. Everyone is out there wanting to enjoy the water. I think you make a great point about trying to learn how to handle the boat and be courteous to others. As long as people share the ramps and the water in a safe way, everyone should be happy.

The reason I was mentioning surfing, is it seems that surfing has really pushed the sale of wakeboats the past 3-5 years. The technology, prices, and size of waves have all increased greatly in that short span. Just my personal observations, wasn't trying to target or offend anyone.

There is no doubt surfing is THE watersport marketing these boats.

Everyone can surf, young, old,big or small.

Not everyone can wakeboard. I watch my 17yo landing in the flat and no way would my old ass tolerate those impacts. It’s a youth sport to an extent.

Surf is universal, in my opinion more than tubing.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan