Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    And damn pontoon boats. Its like a freaking armada every day ready to retake Omaha Beach.

Hahaha this is the truth! Literally made me laugh out loud because you nailed what it looks like every time I fall and look behind me while my wife is bringing the boat around.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Back on topic. I hope SC starts showing demos on their integrated thrusters, odds are there will not be a boat show season this year and it would be nice to see and hear a product description to help understand if it’s worth an $8700 option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

There’s no way on earth I’d pay almost $9000 for that option. Talk about a preposterous markup. I’ll stick with my $30 boat pole.

Wake me up when it’s a $2000 option (still too much IMO)

2017 Moomba Craz

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    There’s no way on earth I’d pay almost $9000 for that option. Talk about a preposterous markup. I’ll stick with my $30 boat pole.

Wake me up when it’s a $2000 option (still too much IMO)

I won’t argue the cost is high and yes, the boat poles work great, as I took your advice a couple years ago.

Maybe I have dreams of my wife dropping me off at the dock to get the truck and trailer, backing the trailer in the water and having her float the boat onto the trailer as I ratchet it up and pull to the tie down lane.......lol

After discounts the cost looks better but still high, I really want to understand the full integrated features of the thrusters.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-13-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Compared to other factory thruster prices, it's actually a pretty good value. And you get two...

You twist the top of the throttle to turn and there's also some software updates that allow you to "Dock Hold" the boat with the thruster through the dash. Basically, it'll keep the boat pushed up against the dock while you tie it off

Dealers have them and can help more, but they're a really cool addition.

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Thanks Drew.

Will there be a YouTube video forthcoming?

Does the dock hold on hold the boat horizontally or does it control fore/aft?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

There will be videos coming soon.

You can select which side (port/starboard) that you want the boat to hold to and it'll adjust

FWIW, I drove a G25 this weekend with the Stern Thruster. Game changer for a boat that size, and not for docking... I put it on Auto mode and loved it when I was picking up the surfer. It just flat out works REALLY well, esp in the wind.

Good feedback, not sure if Supras is steering integrated, but if it’s on the throttle handle, and you can turn on a dime, you wouldn’t have to wait for the wake to pass you to get your rider.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

not worth the almost $9000...maybe $800.00. That price is completely offensive.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off