Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Does the EZ Drive Thruster install void the hull warranty? I swear I read that somewhere??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly irritated about the extra water traffic. There are boats everywhere this year! Not just play boats either. Prob double the fishing boats and paddle board/kayakers. Seen alot of sketchy situations. On the other hand it's been entertaining at the ramp. Watched a guy run his AR 190 into the dock no bumpers then when loading came in a little hot panicked at the last min threw it in reverse got it sideways and ran up on the trailer fender then almost hit a BU picking up at the dock.

Back on topic, I think the thrusters are pretty cool. Not 8k cool but I could see where it could help someone new learning to maneuver these boats around in tight spots. Tying back up at the dock was my biggest anxiety when we first got the boat. Would have been nice to have a little more control in the beginning.
    '18 mojo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Does the EZ Drive Thruster install void the hull warranty? I swear I read that somewhere??

yup. you are correct.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Would be interested in what an EZ Drive system runs?

Are they like $2000? $3000? $4000?

Also the Supra dual thruster outboard of the exhaust stream makes sense. Does the Supra system have any more features than the EZD?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yep. Looks like they won’t give me an estimate without talking directly. Gotta make that sale, right!. Too bad. I gave them my boat model and which thruster I wanted so it should have been pretty straight forward, just send me the cost, it’s a standard kit in a box!
    .This is their answer:

2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Get ready for high pressure sales.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I couldn't resist. I submitted a response for a quote. We'll see. I'll let u know what I get quoted at. Depending on price, there might be some turbulence brewing at the Isaguel's residence. My wife already gave that look of " we are NOT spending any more money on that boat!. "
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

I will predict $5000 installed.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That'll be a good one to take a poll on.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly irritated about the extra water traffic. There are boats everywhere this year! Not just play boats either. Prob double the fishing boats and paddle board/kayakers. Seen alot of sketchy situations. On the other hand it's been entertaining at the ramp. Watched a guy run his AR 190 into the dock no bumpers then when loading came in a little hot panicked at the last min threw it in reverse got it sideways and ran up on the trailer fender then almost hit a BU picking up at the dock.
    Seems like over the last month or so the amount of traffic on our lake has tripled. Every wanna-be Bill Dance must have used their stimulus check to buy a bass boat they can drive at 80 MPH while they talk to the passengers. And damn pontoon boats. Its like a freaking armada every day ready to retake Omaha Beach. Talk about inattentive drivers.
    I have seen some very nice new wake boats though. The guy 2 houses up just bought a Paragon that I got to drive the other day. I'll stick with my little ol Moomba. Speaking of which, they have boomed in popularity this year. The last few years it was all Malibus and Nats. Got a little Moomba posse going on which is fun.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK