Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Any info yet on dealer installed thrusters by supra? I want it on our 19 SA400. Maybe one day the wife can put it back on trailer. Big maybe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Default New video of Stern Drive

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Working on a 2021 SA build and originally laughed at the $8700 ish stern thruster option.......

After thinking about some of my summer docking situations the last 3 years with a V drive, it’s starting to become more appealing.

I frequent one lake where the dock is in a sheltered bay and docking is a breeze even on a windy day, however, the other lake I frequent is unprotected, busy docks and fully exposed to lake traffic that sends rollers right into the docks.

I also currently limit myself to docking on the left side, thrusters would give me the option of docking on the right side.

Does anyone have a 21 yet with the thruster option, what do you think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was having the same dilemma, this video was just released and I think I have made the decision to do it. I am not worried about my driving but my wife and kids make it easier to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WjF7FEpZ0

I had same question and they just released a video on the thrusters. This makes it a yes for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WjF7FEpZ0

Here’s a slightly longer version they just put out with a little more detail on the system. I like the fact it’s integrated into the throttle.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks for sharing the longer video, really looking forward to this option

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Larry, how are you finding those thrusters? We’re they worth it and would you order again? Thanks
    2023 Supra SL450 waiting for ice to melt
    2022 Supra SL450 Sold
    2021 Supra SL450 Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2017 MasterCraft X10 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold
    2003 Centurion Air Warrior Sold

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Quote Originally Posted by Oldernotwiser View Post
    Larry, how are you finding those thrusters? We’re they worth it and would you order again? Thanks
    Lakes around here are just clear of ice. Boat is still in showroom, I own it, but dealer still needs to do water delivery.

Shooting for 2nd week of April.

Based on engineering and integration, it looks like a solid execution compared to other thrusters from bu or correct craft.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-14-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I just got my 2021 SE in, demoed it last year and just ran it for first time this past weekend, integration into throttle is clutch compared to Malibu and some others. It is slower to control than you would think which at first seems like a miss but I will say it has gotten me out of some really tricky situations but I am on a really busy lake with a ton of chop so there isn't a lot of room for error. Around dock it is phenomenal. It is expensive though so if you don't care much about price and trying to squeeze it down then get it but I can also see why some may not at nearly $9k.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD123 View Post
    I just got my 2021 SE in, demoed it last year and just ran it for first time this past weekend, integration into throttle is clutch compared to Malibu and some others. It is slower to control than you would think which at first seems like a miss but I will say it has gotten me out of some really tricky situations but I am on a really busy lake with a ton of chop so there isn't a lot of room for error. Around dock it is phenomenal. It is expensive though so if you don't care much about price and trying to squeeze it down then get it but I can also see why some may not at nearly $9k.
    Great feedback, what intensity setting do you run it on?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Great feedback, what intensity setting do you run it on?

I have it on the max setting, I remember seeing another option to go I believe one lower but I think there are only two settings, I can't imagine really going any slower honestly. But the SE is huge so maybe the A's and L's turn faster.
    2021 Supra SE