Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I was talking to a buddy and thrusters for 40-55 cruisers are $25-30k each.

Wakeboats systems are chump change.

If the kit is $5k on sale plus labor and travel expenses, the factory system is likely the cheaper overall option when you consider discount off MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I saw one listed on the nautique pages for dealer cost at 3600 recently.

image.png.1cd547645545e1ef388cb8f495c09a07.jpg

Funnily enough the reason for sale is the guy bought it and sold the boat before it arrived because it took so long to get to him and he said:

"The Yacht Group has a strict policy of no returns no matter the reason"

LOL they just keep getting better
    Last edited by SONIC; 10-06-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    2020 Supra SA

I’ve been very interested in adding a stern thruster myself. I’ve have spent the last couple days casually looking at aftermarket systems. Three brands stand out to me that I have never heard mentioned on any forum. Likely because they are not marketing the wakeboat field yet. That’s good though. Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500. That seems more in line price wise for what you’re getting. Need to do some more research and probably pull the trigger this spring. I’d install it myself.

unstuck,
    that price seems more inline with what they should cost. lets get real. it's nothing more than a motor and housing, a joystick and some basic software to control it. I get development costs but 5k+ is crazymoney in my book......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500.
    Do tell.....
    2019 Supra SL450

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

[QUOTE=UNSTUCK;359621]I’ve been very interested in adding a stern thruster myself. I’ve have spent the last couple days casually looking at aftermarket systems. Three brands stand out to me that I have never heard mentioned on any forum. Likely because they are not marketing the wakeboat field yet. That’s good though. Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500. That seems more in line price wise for what you’re getting. Need to do some more research and probably pull the trigger this spring. I’d install it myself.[/

Is one Vetus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For cost etc... there is a thread in the Nautique forums. They also have some install and video links

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...sy-drive-model

A little dated.. and a "Promo" price from the thread(not my personal info):

They reached out to me when I ordered my 18 G23 and wanted to get one in the boat as an early release and special price. I wasnt crazy about drilling holes in my new boat so I passed but the price seemed good compared to the factory option. The price I was quoted was 3500 for the full kit uninstalled, 4800 installed as they would have traveling expenses coming from Miami to Orlando area.
    Last edited by bmjenkins82; 10-07-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Where is that SC video . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

I really know nothing of these units so I can't really speak much about them. Look for yourself and see what you think.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/maxpack21.html
    All in one kit. Seems like a good deal. I don't think this one is ignition protected. Also not sure if that is really needed. Probably.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/317625.html
    This one is bigger than needed, but the smallest I can find in this style. It is Ignition protected. Will need to drill a much larger hole in transom.

https://www.anchorexpress.com/VETUS-...D_p_77354.html
    Vetus looks like a good, old company that builds stuff for BIG boats. They have one size smaller than this one listed in both IP and non. Will need transom kit.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lewma...02?recordNum=3
    Lewmar seems similar to Vetus. Get it in IP or non IP, add the truster kit. Smaller hole to drill in transom.

Overall I'm interested in these types of units as they seem to be smaller on the transom than factory units. I just need to measure and see if the motor will fit between the inside of the transom and likely the motor heat exchanger cylinder. Not sure how much room is there.

Does anyone know anything about these companies? Sounds like Dakota knows Vetus.

I recently spoke to somebody at EZ Drive. It was a little over $6,000 for a stern thruster with LED lights. That was for the complete kit, diverter nozzles and no installation. I had great conversation with the salesperson. I did not get any push back when I told him that was a bit more than I was willing to spend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai