Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tabone View Post
    I did not get any push back when I told him that was a bit more than I was willing to spend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure they have heard those words a few times.
    2018 Supra SL400

That is factory stern thruster money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That is factory stern thruster money.

Ezdrive and others, sure they are going after older or used boats not new builds. You checked the box on new with a very similar price as would most others ordering that want it but i would suspect that like most other boating things thrusters won't be backwards compatible for most so your old 18 sa would be non oem to add.

What i find odd is that thrusters can make larger boats easier to drive and help noobs. Its an option on a 22ft sa(not the sr) but not a 24.5ft makai¿
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

I understand that ez drive is for aftermarket.

My point was simply the factory option is very much inline with the aftermarket.

Appears SC is only offering on the SA,SL and SE.

Perhaps Moomba will follow in a year or two?

Still negged out about not seeing the thrusters in action. Box is checked and not unchecking it, but I would prefer not to be a guinea pig for SC.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-28-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sorry, but you are going to be a guinea pig on this one.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Sorry, but you are going to be a guinea pig on this one.
    Woot woot

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    My point was simply the factory option is very much inline with the aftermarket.

Perhaps Moomba will follow in a year or two?

Still negged out about not seeing the thrusters in action. Box is checked and not unchecking it, but I would prefer not to be a guinea pig for SC.
    skiers choice I would bet will put out a much better product than the aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about being the pig the only downside would be knowing if it's really an option that will be used. interested to see what ya think of it once you have some time. I know a guy that has had it on his 23ft tige all summer and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    skiers choice I would bet will put out a much better product than the aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about being the pig the only downside would be knowing if it's really an option that will be used. interested to see what ya think of it once you have some time. I know a guy that has had it on his 23ft tige all summer and loves it.
    I know if I had it I'd use it every time, but not sure I'd pay for it to begin with.
    2019 Supra SL450

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/317625.html

Just need to get a minute to measure and see if it will fit. I needs a BIG hole in the transom and lots of room between the transom and engine. My plan is to wire it into the taps switch on the throttle of my Tige. I will still be able to adjust the taps setting with the on screen switch so that's no big deal. I like the idea of one hand on the throttle with that thumb on the thruster switch and then my other hand on the steering wheel. Just need to decide if I want to wire it into the other accessories with the key on or if I want to have a dedicated switch on the dash to power it up. I wish the Tige Clear screen had a couple accessory switches built into the screen. I don't like the idea of a random switch on the dash. Maybe I hide it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    . I don't like the idea of a random switch on the dash. Maybe I hide it somewhere.
    I'm not entirely happy with how amps have integrated into the clear screen on our r23 and are considering adding an outside HU. not sure on your boat layout but my plan was to pick up another one of the small round pushbuttons that turn on the clear and installing it right above the key switch for the stereo removing the warning sticker that's just above the key. there's room for 1 or possibly 2 buttons on my dash without getting into upholstery mods.
    that might be an option that both looks factory and accomplishes what you are looking for.

on a related note, that thruster looks nice but pricey for something that might or might not fit the bill and you are correct in an awfully big permanent hole.