Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

Working on a 2021 SA build and originally laughed at the $8700 ish stern thruster option.......

After thinking about some of my summer docking situations the last 3 years with a V drive, it’s starting to become more appealing.

I frequent one lake where the dock is in a sheltered bay and docking is a breeze even on a windy day, however, the other lake I frequent is unprotected, busy docks and fully exposed to lake traffic that sends rollers right into the docks.

I also currently limit myself to docking on the left side, thrusters would give me the option of docking on the right side.

Does anyone have a 21 yet with the thruster option, what do you think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I haven't driven one with a thruster but it's certainly a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind the expense. If financing it won't make that much difference in payment and the 8700 is MSRP it's likely really more like 5k.

Why do you dock on the left side? I always go right (starboard, driver) that way when you come in to dock you can go forward and back on the throttle and slowly pull yourself into the dock.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I haven't driven one with a thruster but it's certainly a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind the expense. If financing it won't make that much difference in payment and the 8700 is MSRP it's likely really more like 5k.

Why do you dock on the left side? I always go right (starboard, driver) that way when you come in to dock you can go forward and back on the throttle and slowly pull yourself into the dock.
    That’s what I meant, the boat is on the left side of dock.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Not sure many people are using b/c it just came out in July 2020. Boats are hitting the showroom now.

The local dealer has a 2021 SE with them, but the last time I spoke to them they did not get enough time to 'play' with them. Looks cool.

Agree, would be a cool function, but need to know more. Could you use it when surfing for turning around? Are there limits on the speed getting low enough to use? Etc.

I also see the down side, it's new. Does it really work? Do we have to wait for Thrusters 2.0 or 3.0 if there are any bugs.
    BTW - is Nautique having issues with them? Notice a pic on social media and looking like the controller in the engine compartment was melted.

I thought they would be bigger, but they sit under the swim platform pretty well.
    2018 Supra SL400

Get this instead and save $8700
    Works awesome for me!

EVERSPROUT Telescopic Boat Hook | Floating, Heavy-Duty Design | Non-Slip EVA Foam Hand Grips | Lightweight, Rust-Resistant Aluminum, 3-Stage Pole (Length: 13 Feet, 19 Feet, 25 Feet) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HHKRF..._0ZUmFb3778S4R

2017 Moomba Craz

a guy I know has a tige with factory thrusters. he has had the boat for a few months.
    the little we have spoken, he liked the option. 23ft boat.

the only way I would spend the coin would be the ease of teaching the gf how to dock but in 13 years of owning and running wakeboats in different docks/lakes and weather I haven't had a situation that would prompt me to drop another 5-8k on them nor would it command a premium in my eyes on the used market BUT I know others that would search this feature out 100% if it becomes mainstream.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I assume supra is using the same setup as the other brands which is this one:
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/
    2020 Supra SA

I am sure it’s an EZ Drive system, however the throttle integration might be SC proprietary.

This system looks better than bu or Nautique as it’s two units outboard of the exhaust so the thruster don’t get cavitated with exhaust air.

It has a dock hold feature and yes, it’s supposed to be useful picking up your down rider.

Resale is interesting, in 3 years thrusters will have been on all the premium boat brands. Will it be expected in 3 years?

Will it be like the power tower? They are nice but now most say a requirement for resale.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-11-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Pic from onlyinboard today. MO dealer.

Supra Thrusters.jpg
    2018 Supra SL400

At the rate boats sales are going and all the damn newbies buying expensive Boats they have no clue how to drive....I would say it can’t hurt your resale value.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold