Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

I was checking out how MC does thrust vectoring, called DockStar.

I would choose separate thrusters over two added rudders in front of the prop.

However DockStar is $3200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-18-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

DockStar is very cool, but more limited than a thruster.

It allows you to turn in reverse but doesn't give you any sideways push like a thruster does, it just makes it handle more like an IO or an outboard.

It's also mechanical so will likely never fail and cause extremely expensive out of warranty repairs lol
    2020 Supra SA

All the premium brands have this now.
    Supra
    Malibu
    MC
    Nautique
    Tige
    Pavati

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    I was actually trying to defend people at the docks. Everyone is out there wanting to enjoy the water. I think you make a great point about trying to learn how to handle the boat and be courteous to others. As long as people share the ramps and the water in a safe way, everyone should be happy.

The reason I was mentioning surfing, is it seems that surfing has really pushed the sale of wakeboats the past 3-5 years. The technology, prices, and size of waves have all increased greatly in that short span. Just my personal observations, wasn't trying to target or offend anyone.
    It definitely has. We are fighting a huge battle with the paddle boarders and the kayakers in Portland. They want the river to themselves and want to ban artificial wake producing boats all together. Funny thing is that I see more people with paddle boards that back their car down the ramp and tie up the boat launch for 20 minutes as they unpack. Family of four on three boards, kids were not wearing life jackets crossing a busy section of river. Ultimately there are very uneducated water enthusiasts in every market and most people don't take the time to acknowledge that we all share the docks, the rivers and the lakes. Saw a dude in an older Mobius gun it right of the end of the dock and just about wiped out a wave runner. So ultimately it is more about the individual person regardless of experience however there is no replacement for experience and I respect that as well so not offended just offering up my experience so far as well.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

The moment you said Portland I knew you were screwed.

2017 Moomba Craz

I have noticed kayaks galore this year. They sneak up on you.

I was aligning my rider getting ready to make a run, I looked straight ahead and was clear, what I could not see was the kayak 10 feet from my bow port side crossing in front of me.

I saw him the second time I looked.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

they're everywhere. and nothing quick about a family of paddlers at the boat launch......
    the section of the colorado river that goes from willow beach to hoover dam is closed to boating sundays/mondays for kayakers and from labor day to memorial day it's closed to any boat over 65hp. for paddlers.
    a preferable option to closing rivers for good. boaters get friday/saturday as a weekend. kayakers/sup's get sunday/monday and kayakers know on fri/sat they are going to deal with boat wakes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

i saw the new 2021 Supra SA with the thrusters at my dealer yesterday. Wow, what an amazing boat. I asked if they would take my Max for a straight up trade lol

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

Drew,

Any thruster updates you can share with the forum. Is a demo video forthcoming to show it in action along with the dock hold feature?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Drew,

Any thruster updates you can share with the forum. Is a demo video forthcoming to show it in action along with the dock hold feature?

Don't you need a front thruster as well to have a dock hold feature?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD