Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

I saw it, I am just a skeptic and want to confirm there is actually a difference in clearance. (Unless someone actually had burn in)

I have a 15.5 / 11 on it and it rips people out of the water and gets on plain very easy but when we cruise to the other side of the lake (22 miles) the 7mph loss is not awesome.

If there is a difference in clearance I will probably run 15.5/12.5 because the stock 15.5/16 couldn’t get me above 11mph loaded 12 people 1000k lead
    2021 Moomba max
    2018 moomba max (sold)

Dakota put a plate on his to prevent prop burn. It will burn. 15.5x12.5 is what I'd go with for your elevation and wanting a little more cruising speed
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardintahoe View Post
    I saw it, I am just a skeptic and want to confirm there is actually a difference in clearance. (Unless someone actually had burn in)

I have a 15.5 / 11 on it and it rips people out of the water and gets on plain very easy but when we cruise to the other side of the lake (22 miles) the 7mph loss is not awesome.

If there is a difference in clearance I will probably run 15.5/12.5 because the stock 15.5/16 couldn’t get me above 11mph loaded 12 people 1000k lead
    Wow! I have a 15.5x15 on a Makai with a 400/1.76 that runs fine with all ballast full and a crew of 12+. Of course I am only a few hundred ft above sea level.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

You’re first stop (and it will probably be you last) when researching a new prop should be Jim Thelen at ACME. He will ask all the right questions to get you the prop you need. I have a 15” x 13” and it is super aggressive but will still do 32 mph. I couldn’t really imagine going with anything with less pitch than that at our 2200’ lake. As far as diameter goes, Supras can, generally speaking, run a larger prop than Moomba. I measured my clearance and a 15.5” prop would not have left enough clearance on my 2020 Mojo. My boat came with the OJ that I think they call 15.5” x 16” and it was the completely wrong prop for that boat with extra ballast. It was the same diameter as the new Acme 15” prop and too much pitch for the boat. The new prop will get the boat up on plane with full ballast but I only tried it once to see what it could do. I would never run the boat like that in normal use.

Keep in mind when choosing a prop that you don’t need a prop that can get you across the lake at 35 mph with a crew of 10 and all 5000#’s of ballast full. Most members on here high idle to their favourite surfing spot while filling and only run about 50% ballast when wakeboarding. I have heard a few members comment on how happy they are with the 13.9” pitch that they are running. I suspect that it still has lots of grunt while running a little lower rpms. I have about 4800 #’s of ballast and and 1100 #’s of crew and turn about 4100 rpm at 12 mph.

That’s my two cents. I hope you find the perfect prop and please let the forum know what you pick and how it performs. The search for the elusive perfect prop is never ending.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Keep in mind when choosing a prop that you don’t need a prop that can get you across the lake at 35 mph with a crew of 10 and all 5000#’s of ballast full.
    But that's the dream isn't it
    2020 Supra SA

I spoke with Jim from acme and he put me on the 15.5/11 and I should have returned it with in the 30 days but I didn’t want to pull my boat out of the water(30min each way 70$ launch fee and $7.49 a gallon and I have to tell my wife she’s doing great when she’s got the trailer on the curb)
    He was very concerned about my elevation and extra weight. 15.5/13 here I come!
    2021 Moomba max
    2018 moomba max (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardintahoe View Post
    I spoke with Jim from acme and he put me on the 15.5/11 and I should have returned it with in the 30 days but I didn’t want to pull my boat out of the water(30min each way 70$ launch fee and $7.49 a gallon and I have to tell my wife she’s doing great when she’s got the trailer on the curb)
    He was very concerned about my elevation and extra weight. 15.5/13 here I come!
    LOL!! I have seen some of the best arguments and fussing take place at the boat ramp! Nothing makes someone madder than having to wait on a trailer to be pulled up and back over and over the same crooked way every time! LOL. Especially if there are other people waiting to use the ramp. Or the other side of the equation where the boat driver pulls up and back because they just can't hit the bunks straight. Yep. Some good yelling takes place there for sure. But, I am very fortunate in that my wife can back a trailer very well. I have even been sitting just offshore in the boat and seen her get out of my truck and go back someone else's truck and trailer down the ramp for them after watching them pull up and back several times! Gotta say it's funny to watch a man get out of his truck (which it has been a man a couple of times, but mostly other women) to let a woman back it for him. People usually cheer for her too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub