Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I know the prop options in 2020 for the 400/1.76 was a 16x17 and 16x15, looks like there is a new option 16x13.9

Anyone running the ACME 3591 16x13.9? Sounds like an absolute stump puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We went with the 16x13.9 in our build. I talked with acme and they said should be a great prop and they they spent a lot of time testing it for the new Supra’s.

Lol, for $5000 I will wait. Also would not run a Stainless steel prop on a V drive unless it had some form of engineered sheer pin.

This is no lie, my wife, I love her, has always been a little mathematically challenged. One day us and another couple who own a towboat too were chatting about how expensive these boats are filling up, how we would fill up for 150 something dollars, blah, blah,blah. Well wifey goes on her iphone and starts her calculation on how many hours and how many gallons we use, and so on, she's pecking away at her phone and then lifts her head and goes, "we use 18400$ of gas on a weekend?" We all busted out laughing and have not let her forget it since. Well, based on her calculations, if this new 5000$ prop can save 9-15% in gas, it might be worth buying it right now!
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    We went with the 16x13.9 in our build. I talked with acme and they said should be a great prop and they they spent a lot of time testing it for the new Supra’s.

This is what I figured, with the odd size, it felt like an engineering project versus an off the shelf prop.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Can someone explain how cup works? I know what it is. Lets say you have the exact same prop, but 1 has .075 cup, and the other has .150 cup. What are the results?
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Can someone explain how cup works? I know what it is. Lets say you have the exact same prop, but 1 has .075 cup, and the other has .150 cup. What are the results?
    https://bblades.com/props-101/

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

https://bblades.com/props-101/

Yeah, I read that the other day, and still was schooled by Stazi on pitch. Which is why I am asking for clarification LOL
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    The way it was explained to me by someone at ACME was that cup mimics diameter and helps with overall efficiency. I was also told that about 0.050 of increased cup will affect your RPM the same way that increasing 1" of pitch will. I'm no expert, but I understand all this to mean that for props that are otherwise identical, the one with more cup is going to surf at a lower RPM and have a higher top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    The way it was explained to me by someone at ACME was that cup mimics diameter and helps with overall efficiency. I was also told that about 0.050 of increased cup will affect your RPM the same way that increasing 1" of pitch will. I'm no expert, but I understand all this to mean that for props that are otherwise identical, the one with more cup is going to surf at a lower RPM and have a higher top speed.
    And be more difficult to turn for the motor...they mimic each other in this way, but some
    Magical combo tends to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    And be more difficult to turn for the motor...they mimic each other in this way, but some
    Magical combo tends to work.

Running at 10.8-11 mph I am only pushing about 3150-3200 rpm with the ACME 3591 (16x13.9), I haven't used another prop but based on what I've seen this is great. I pushed to 11.5 or so last time I was out and it was maybe up around 3400 or so.
    2021 Supra SE

Still loving this ACME 16x13.9 prop on a 400/1.76.

Great prop.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan