Thread: Wake surf

Default Wake surf

Hey all...Hoping to get into wake surfing this year after a series of spills last year wakeboarding have made ame a little edge-shy

I have an '04 Mobius LS w/ the gravity I in the rear w/ 400lbs plus the gas tank. I also have a 400lb tube sac in the locker. We usually have about 4 guys at any given time. My one buddy says there's no way I'll be able to surf behind the boat w/out more ballast. I've experimented with the wake and positioning passengers and the wake looks pretty sick to me? Anyone else surfin' with an LS or similar? Any advice for a beginner?

Also, how about boards? Seems there is either the 4'6" trick boards or the 5'6" beginner boards. I like the idea of starting easy and also having a board to share w/ guests but don't want to outgrow it to quickly and wish I had something a little more agile. There's also the 5'10'ish sized boards that seem like they'd be a good compromise. I"m an old skater and wakeboarder so my learning curve should be pretty short (yeah right). What about fins, rocker, weight, composition (poly), etc... Appreciate any advice!

hey man,

We Surf behind my 04 Mobius LS with the stock front and rear ballast plus a couple 250lbs sacs on the drivers side with driver and a couple people in the back right corner. Is the wake as big as my buddys Super Air with 1500 Lbs? Not a chance. Do we still have a nice pocket to ride in? Ohh yeah. If I recall we run the wake plate about 1/2 way and sometimes I have had the front ballast about half full. we run at 10 mph. I find the wake clean on the drivers side, I have yet to get a clean wake on the passenger side.

As far as some serious edge catches I experienced the same thing which made me a little gun shy, I started wakeskating a couple years ago and have never looked back.

Good Luck.

Thanks Cove..Good to hear. It oughta' be good to learn w then...we'll most likely get a V-drive next year so if I need more by then I'll have it...ride on!