Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vonbottle View Post
    i'm also looking at getting a Max for next season to replace our old glastron - at the moment, we're mostly skiers, how is the max for skiing? obviously we'd give surfing a try, but would hate to get a boat that sucks for skiing. or is there a different model that is more preferable - maybe the craz? the main reason we're looking at the moomba is overall value for what you're getting and also the seating capacity as we often have a lot of people looking to go on a boat ride. any typical non-surf boat has like 2/3 the seating capacity of an equal size surf boat.
    There are a few videos on YouTube that show a Max pulling a skier. It’s not going to be super smooth and flat with minimal wake but if just recreational skiing and wanting to surf or wakeboard you could maybe make it happen. It won’t be like a “crossover” style tow boat but it doesn’t look bad to play or ski around on with no ballast and center tab down.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by vonbottle View Post
    i'm also looking at getting a Max for next season to replace our old glastron - at the moment, we're mostly skiers, how is the max for skiing? obviously we'd give surfing a try, but would hate to get a boat that sucks for skiing. or is there a different model that is more preferable - maybe the craz? the main reason we're looking at the moomba is overall value for what you're getting and also the seating capacity as we often have a lot of people looking to go on a boat ride. any typical non-surf boat has like 2/3 the seating capacity of an equal size surf boat.
    If you just looking to slalom ski recreationally and just mess around like in the video above any Moomba equipped with a wake plate will be suit your needs. If you are looking for a boat that you can take into the slalom course and do 6 ball passes Moomba doesnÂ’t currently offer a model to do that. If anybody has a video of this being done with a modern Moomba please post it here. There isnÂ’t a boat available than can produce both a world class slalom wake and world class surf wave (thatÂ’s why I own two boats). There are crossover boats on the market that do offer decent performance in both disciplines but are not great at doing either. Make sure that you are buying the boat for your needs for both now and into the future. I love slalom skiing but I am currently really enjoying surfing too. I slalom ski at a competitive level and I am working on improving my surf game. I currently have the best of both worlds with having two boats but if I had to choose only one I would choose the wake boat. We have more fun as a family in the Moomba with the larger capacity and friendlier layout and surfing is such a social and interactive sport for the whole family. When I slalom ski I have only the driver and spotter on board. Two reasons, I want the boat to be as light as possible and the ski pylon is in front of the engine, just behind the driverÂ’s left shoulder. If anybody was sitting on the rear bench they would get clotheslined by the rope. Slalom is fun but not something you can bring your friends and whole family along to share. Surfing is the complete opposite! You can load up the boat with all your friends, family and the dog and have room for all your gear for a memory filled day on the water. I am not trying to steer you in any one direction, just saying how the boating life has changed for me. Cheers
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    If you just looking to slalom ski recreationally and just mess around like in the video above any Moomba equipped with a wake plate will be suit your needs. If you are looking for a boat that you can take into the slalom course and do 6 ball passes Moomba doesnÂ’t currently offer a model to do that. If anybody has a video of this being done with a modern Moomba please post it here. There isnÂ’t a boat available than can produce both a world class slalom wake and world class surf wave (thatÂ’s why I own two boats). There are crossover boats on the market that do offer decent performance in both disciplines but are not great at doing either. Make sure that you are buying the boat for your needs for both now and into the future. I love slalom skiing but I am currently really enjoying surfing too. I slalom ski at a competitive level and I am working on improving my surf game. I currently have the best of both worlds with having two boats but if I had to choose only one I would choose the wake boat. We have more fun as a family in the Moomba with the larger capacity and friendlier layout and surfing is such a social and interactive sport for the whole family. When I slalom ski I have only the driver and spotter on board. Two reasons, I want the boat to be as light as possible and the ski pylon is in front of the engine, just behind the driverÂ’s left shoulder. If anybody was sitting on the rear bench they would get clotheslined by the rope. Slalom is fun but not something you can bring your friends and whole family along to share. Surfing is the complete opposite! You can load up the boat with all your friends, family and the dog and have room for all your gear for a memory filled day on the water. I am not trying to steer you in any one direction, just saying how the boating life has changed for me. Cheers
    thanks for the input - no slalom skiing, just recreational, my two teenage kids who've been skiing a few years and their older cousins who are pretty good skiers, and they wakeboard as well, not to mention tubing, but mostly my kids will be skiing - so if it's pretty good for beginner skiers (they're just starting to go out of the wake and not quite attempting one ski yet), that's great. i really prefer the open layout as well - can it really seat 17? seems like a stretch, but if a dozen or so can sit comfortably for a cruise and/or pull a skier at the same time, that'd be perfect - our old glastron has been at the shop all summer, some overheating issue, but it has been having trouble pulling up a skier with 5-6 people in the boat (with 300hp v-8!) - so anyway, really hoping to order one to be ready by early spring. is there any info online about the 2021 max specs and/or pricing? only seeing 2020.
    also, kind of off topic, but the last boat we bought new was a 2000 glastron (prior to our current one), and it was like $24k and i don't recall haggling over price, i see the prices moomba lists on their site and when i email a dealer about one they have in stock it's based off the retail pricing - is that what i can expect to pay or have you been able to get the dealer down on price? we'd like to order one and option it how we want, so just curious if i can get the dealer to come down any? thanks for any info

If you can wait for a boat show, do it. You'll get a discount, I've read anywhere between 5-10%, plus they may throw in some extras, and 2 more years Indmar warranty. Build spots may be going fast. I had to put down a small deposit (2500) a month before the boat show to secure my spot, but still got boat show price.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    If you can wait for a boat show, do it. You'll get a discount, I've read anywhere between 5-10%, plus they may throw in some extras, and 2 more years Indmar warranty. Build spots may be going fast. I had to put down a small deposit (2500) a month before the boat show to secure my spot, but still got boat show price.
    i've heard the boat shows are a good place to score a deal. so they only have a certain number of build spots? once they fill them i'm basically out of luck unless i find one on the lot? so it sounds like i should maybe call my local dealer and put a deposit down if i want one for spring? the next boat show near me is in february in boston, actually the only one near me. how long is a build - a couple months? sorry for all the questions, we've finally decided to pull the trigger and it's a bit different than buying a car, just have no experience with it......like, a dealer on my lake has a loaded Max for sale (not the color i prefer, but if the price is right, maybe), come fall and it's still on the lot, do you think might be able to talk him down 10% or more? i hear fall is a great time to buy as the boating season is almost over, at least up north where i am.

Boat show? - I would hope they will not cancel that far away but since everything else good in the world is being postponed or cancelled I wouldn't hold my breath for the show going on.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Boat show? - I would hope they will not cancel that far away but since everything else good in the world is being postponed or cancelled I wouldn't hold my breath for the show going on.
    I was at a dealer last year that had the boat show deals into February and March as long as there were slots and/or inventory. Maybe they will just offer winter deals or call them boat show prices even if the shoes get canceled! That would’ve nice, fingers crossed.

Congrats. We boat a 2021 Max as our first boat as well. We’ve only taken it out 3 times. Excited for the future experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bob__S View Post
    Congrats. We boat a 2021 Max as our first boat as well. We’ve only taken it out 3 times. Excited for the future experiences.

When did you get it? That had to be an early one.