Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Buddy of mine put his deposit in for a 2021 Max on July 8th and is supposed to get it very soon near middle of August. His color way should be pretty badass with black hull, black accent, black cherry main and platinum deck but man he is going to roast!! Interior is dark graphite/light graphite with black trex and red welt. I tried to talk him out of the dark graphite due to how hot its going to be but he said he's rolling the dice so I said OK bring some quality towels !!! Can't wait to see it!
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-11-2020 at 10:37 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Buddy of mine put his deposit in for a 2021 Max on July 8th and is supposed to get it very soon near middle of August. His color way should be pretty badass with black hull, black accent, black cherry main and platinum deck but man he is going to roast!! Interior is dark graphite/light graphite with black trex and red welt. I tried to talk him out of the dark graphite due to how hot its going to be but he said he's rolling the dice so I said OK bring some quality towels !!! Can't wait to see it!
    My spray date is tomorrow 8/12, but I am not sure how their actual schedule is playing out. That was updated just a couple weeks ago so maybe it’s close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vonbottle View Post
    i've heard the boat shows are a good place to score a deal. so they only have a certain number of build spots? once they fill them i'm basically out of luck unless i find one on the lot? so it sounds like i should maybe call my local dealer and put a deposit down if i want one for spring? the next boat show near me is in february in boston, actually the only one near me. how long is a build - a couple months? sorry for all the questions, we've finally decided to pull the trigger and it's a bit different than buying a car, just have no experience with it......like, a dealer on my lake has a loaded Max for sale (not the color i prefer, but if the price is right, maybe), come fall and it's still on the lot, do you think might be able to talk him down 10% or more? i hear fall is a great time to buy as the boating season is almost over, at least up north where i am.
    Yes, a certain number for each boat. For example, when I put my deposit down, I had 4 options...which I think meant the dealer could only custom order 4 Max boats. He had build spots for the Craz too. If you miss out on those build spots, you are SOL to get a boat in time for summer. I've seen ads for dealers at the end of the summer for "boat show" pricing. Your dealer on the lake may come down in price, but I wouldn't plan on getting 10%. I ended up getting 10% total, but the dealer threw in Triton racks, cover, and a couple other small things to make it that way. A build is the time frame in which you get your boat. I ordered in December for a March build date.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Yes, a certain number for each boat. For example, when I put my deposit down, I had 4 options...which I think meant the dealer could only custom order 4 Max boats. He had build spots for the Craz too. If you miss out on those build spots, you are SOL to get a boat in time for summer. I've seen ads for dealers at the end of the summer for "boat show" pricing. Your dealer on the lake may come down in price, but I wouldn't plan on getting 10%. I ended up getting 10% total, but the dealer threw in Triton racks, cover, and a couple other small things to make it that way. A build is the time frame in which you get your boat. I ordered in December for a March build date.
    very interesting, didn't realize how it all worked.....we're going to meet with the dealer in a week or so and see what our options are. he had five moomba models on the lot this summer, the last of which sold a couple weeks ago. our boating season ends labor day, so no real rush to get it, but definitely want to be ready by next memorial day.

Yep dealers run out of custom build slots quickly, I am ordering next week for a December slot and Jan delivery.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by vonbottle View Post
    very interesting, didn't realize how it all worked.....we're going to meet with the dealer in a week or so and see what our options are. he had five moomba models on the lot this summer, the last of which sold a couple weeks ago. our boating season ends labor day, so no real rush to get it, but definitely want to be ready by next memorial day.
    Right on. Let us know how that goes with the dealer.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    My spray date is tomorrow 8/12, but I am not sure how their actual schedule is playing out. That was updated just a couple weeks ago so maybe it’s close.

Nice! Won't be long now as you know!

I spoke with my buddy yesterday and they have bumped him out to the end of August now. Guess due to COVID delays at some point. He is anxious to get it. Then he sends me this lol...

"Funniest thing happened. My brother ended up getting the next spot on a max. We never not one time talked about it. I had not talked to him much in a while. He didn’t even know until they had already worked with them to get it all sent in and paid a deposit. He asked when the next boat would be in and they said well a guy named kines will have his first. My brother was floored lol. We had the same damn boat coming with just about the same options. Tank god we have different tase in color"
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    When did you get it? That had to be an early one.

Picked it up 8/1. It is the first Max for 2021. We happened to be at the right place at the right time I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob__S View Post
    Picked it up 8/1. It is the first Max for 2021. We happened to be at the right place at the right time I suppose.

Curious what the MJ number is at right now just to see how many Max's are out there. Mine is #230.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

my local dealer sent me his pricing sheet for the max and craz for 2021, i notice the max base price is up almost $5k, but that now includes the gator step floor and fixed board rack which add up to about $1400, are there any other new standard features or improvements that 2020 didn't have?
    we're waffling between the max and craz......anyone have experience with both? is the craz better for skiiing?