Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skim board care

Default Skim board care

We have a p5 diamond turbo skim board coming in next week. Our current board is a HL broadcast. Not that we abuse our equipment but im assuming that the HL will take wear and tear a little better than our p5 will.

When out on the water where would be the best place to keep the board (other than under my feet in the water)? I had a buddy say that the board racks with the bungee straps can make indentions on certain boards. Will the heat on top of the bimini be an issue as well?

Where do you all keep your boards when towing? Currently we keep everything in the walk thru under the windshield.

Any other considerations with the new board?

TIA!
    '18 mojo

There is a really good thread on this topic where some of the responders (I believe) build their own custom boards and have quite a bit of experience.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....4-Melted-Board
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

we have the exact same board and keep it in a sock when it's not being used. If it is super hot outside you can dunk the sock in the water to keep it cool. We have not had any problems at all. I keep my boards in the rear locker when traveling.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I'll give the board sock a shot. Thanks for the info!
    '18 mojo

Board socks for our P5 boards. Can wet them too when really hot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I leave them in the Bimini in the sun then throw them in the trunk bed. Lol. You have to be careful with the other brands and surf style boards as they can melt. If you stick them in board racks you can tear the surf pad.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Never even occurred to me to be honest . My Helix came with rack bungees that were too short to accommodate my P5 Prop and Aku. For the first cpl months I kept them in the bimini sleeve when not being used. I now have longer bungees so I’ve kept them in both for hours with absolutely no wear issues. We’ve been out there on some sunny hot days in the 90s and never felt the board was getting so hot it could be damaged.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 08-09-2020 at 12:44 AM.

we keep our IS 4 skim, cwb ride and p5 danielo pro in the boardracks. never had an issue and the p5 is 10 years old and been used/abused. and that's in the 110deg desert sun.

our 2 soulcraft surf style, 1 is kept in a board bag in the bow of the boat. the other 6ft longboard that's the same fragile foam, we keep in the boardrack. never had an issue with it. no denting and no other issues. paint has faded a ton on it from being in the sun but no issues.

if i was buying that p5, it's makeup is similar to the danielo, I'd toss in the boardrack. that's me tho.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we keep our IS 4 skim, cwb ride and p5 danielo pro in the boardracks. never had an issue and the p5 is 10 years old and been used/abused. and that's in the 110deg desert sun.

our 2 soulcraft surf style, 1 is kept in a board bag in the bow of the boat. the other 6ft longboard that's the same fragile foam, we keep in the boardrack. never had an issue with it. no denting and no other issues. paint has faded a ton on it from being in the sun but no issues.

if i was buying that p5, it's makeup is similar to the danielo, I'd toss in the boardrack. that's me tho.
    Glad I'm not the only one that prefers the "used" looked..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

Definatley don't mind a used look on the boards. I just wanted to make sure that they arent something that will warp easily. If they can hold up to desert sun they will hold up to Tennessee sun. Thanks for the info!
    '18 mojo