Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Flow 3.0 - Is it good?

Hi, can anyone comment on the 3.0 Flow, specifically what effect does it have on the wave over the 2.0? Is it a feature worth paying for or more of a gimmick? Considering for a 2021 Craz. Thanks!

Great question. I would love to see the difference in the wave from the 2.0 plates to he 3.0 plates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

You would need a side-side comparison. I personally believe what makes by far the most difference in these boats is weight. If you're gonna spend any money on these boats for aftermarket wake improvement, put that money into upgraded ballast systems, like WM's bag busters for the Max, or extra lead. I think the 3.0 is an extra 1100$ on the Mojo. Put that money into Lead, you're gonna get far more results for your dollar that way.
    A tab is a tab, it causes list mainly and some delayed convergence secondarily, the improvement is probably marginal by changing the tab shape.
    You know what I would really consider spending money on, if there was an option to add surf gates IN ADDITION to the tabs. I wonder what the effect would be.
    You would have the list from tab and full delayed convergence from gates, with enough weight, I would assume one should get significant enhancement of the wave length mostly. I don't use the ghetto gates or the mission gates because I don't like stuff that does not look OEM, plus I don't think those are large enough in surface area to produce enough lateral water divergence. I would like it if it was mounted cleanly from factory though.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

The Wake9 crew has been riding some Moomba boats recently. They will have some videos on the setups and waves on the different models. Yesterday on social media I was looking at the Mondo wave. The Makai will be after that.

It does not answer you plate question, but wanted to throw that out there as some people have trouble with setup and what the boat can produce.
    2018 Supra SL400

A lot of misconception about there about what tabs and gates do.

Yes 3.0 is worth it. It does not make a different shaped wave, or a larger wave.

It introduces more yaw to the hull as it travels through the water. The main effect is that your wave face will be clean with less roll and true level weighting. You can switch the wave side to side—without moving weight—and have a clean wave face on both sides.

That’s it. And it works.

As for the addition of gates to tabs as mentioned above, this is really kinda what 3.0 does. Introduces MORE yaw. Yaw creates the “delayed convergence” more than the tab alters water flow. If that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to retrofit the 3.0 tabs and actuators on a 2.0 flow boat?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Is it possible to retrofit the 3.0 tabs and actuators on a 2.0 flow boat?
    Negative—for the most part.

2021 with the larger screen option does have the proper PDM to do it. But I think that is the only one that does.

HOWEVER: I always thought it would be a piece of cake to do. Altering the plate looks easy as pie, and you really could install the second actuators on manual switches and put them down and up yourself. The same result would occur.

Or just bend that lip on a brake.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Or just bend that lip on a brake.

Staz—since the flow plates don’t raise up beyond parallel with the boat bottom when stowed, you need to be able to make them “flat” again to get out of the water flow. Otherwise it’s like having the center plate 100% down all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I personally believe what makes by far the most difference in these boats is weight. If you're gonna spend any money on these boats for aftermarket wake improvement, put that money into upgraded ballast systems, like WM's bag busters for the Max, or extra lead.
    I agree that spending money on maxing out ballast is the first step. After that it's picking the options that give you the most fun on the water imo; shorter transitions and faster wave cleanup when swapping, seems like it would be really good. (All anecdotal evidence from researching/watching Moomba youtube videos all week.)
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods