Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transfers 2020 SA

Hey Guys,
    Intro first I suppose!
    I'm Justin and I just came from a completely revamped Tige 23V to a Supra SA, found the supra forum dead as a hammer so here I am!

So on my Tige I built my own surf system gsa style and had no problem transferring the wave from one side to the other.

On the SA I find the transfers extremely slow, is that normal?
    To be able to stay in the wave I have to signal the transfer, then count down from 5 and then start moving over, the wait seems like forever.
    It works fine mind you, just super slow.

Is it a function of the Lencos being slow or is there a setting I'm missing?

It’s just in the software. I don’t think you can change that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Intro first I suppose!
    I'm Justin and I just came from a completely revamped Tige 23V to a Supra SA, found the supra forum dead as a hammer so here I am!

So on my Tige I built my own surf system gsa style and had no problem transferring the wave from one side to the other.

On the SA I find the transfers extremely slow, is that normal?
    To be able to stay in the wave I have to signal the transfer, then count down from 5 and then start moving over, the wait seems like forever.
    It works fine mind you, just super slow.

Is it a function of the Lencos being slow or is there a setting I'm missing?
    Hi Justin:

Welcome!

The Supra Forum went dead years ago and most the new boat owners moved over here - Moomba or Supra.

What year to you have on the SA? KnoxMojo is a member on here and was just posting some video on Facebook with his 2018 SA going from heal-side > toe-side. We do the same thing on a 2018 SL. Have a countdown on 3-2-1, then switch. Wave forms on the opposite side in ?3? seconds. Hard for me to say b/c I have not counted and I'm still not that good going heal-side.

Do you have a video you can post?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Hi Justin:

Welcome!

The Supra Forum went dead years ago and most the new boat owners moved over here - Moomba or Supra.

What year to you have on the SA? KnoxMojo is a member on here and was just posting some video on Facebook with his 2018 SA going from heal-side > toe-side. We do the same thing on a 2018 SL. Have a countdown on 3-2-1, then switch. Wave forms on the opposite side in ?3? seconds. Hard for me to say b/c I have not counted and I'm still not that good going heal-side.

Do you have a video you can post?
    Thanks for the welcome!
    That's what I gathered on the forum.

2020 SA
    I suppose I'll get used to the countdown I just don't get why I should have to lol.
    I saw an advertisement talking about fast transfers 1.8 seconds, but i'd say mine's closer to 5 seconds.

I don't have a video at the moment I'll try to get one next time I'm out.

is this the video you're referring to?
    https://www.facebook.com/scott.waltm...&theater&ifg=1

Seems the same as mine, you can see his hand signal to tell the driver to switch at 7 seconds and the wave doesn't start to form until 13-14 seconds in.

Not really a big deal just seems poorly programmed.
    Does it retract and extend at the same time or am I waiting for the retraction before extending the other tab?

Yep. That is KnoxMojo. He is usually on here.

Good luck with your 2020. Do you have your wave dialed in the way you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Yep. That is KnoxMojo. He is usually on here.

Good luck with your 2020. Do you have your wave dialed in the way you like it?

Not yet, still messing with it, only been out a few times so far.
    The guy we got it from had everything set to 100 and said the wave was great, I have to disagree.
    With 100% front and rear, wake plate at 100 and tab at 100 the wave was just a big wedge that was borderline unsurfable.
    After changing things up and playing with autowake a bit we've got a great surfable wave but it could use more height and length (read lead lol)

Currently running 100% port, ~60-80% starboard, 70-80% center 20-30% wakeplate and 85% surf plate.
    Seems to work fairly well.
    I think I need another couple hundred lbs on the surf side so I can fill the port and center ballast up more and keep the pitch and roll.

Haven't run with a big crew yet, planning on taking a boat full on saturday and am super excited to see/ride the wave.

Lift wake plate all the way up and add more front/middle weight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

If Supra is anything like Moomba...i know my surf tab is 65/70 on port/starboard...and wakeplate usually at 15-25
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I know we are talking totally different boats, but with my Craz, I find that I need to make sure my boat is weighted pretty evenly if I want to do transfers. If everyone plus my lead is sitting on the surf side, I find it takes longer for the wave to develope after switching. That being said, I don’t really have a problem doing it. You also need to make sure Autowake isn’t draining too much ballast from the non-surf side. If I have my boat weighted perfectly with people and lead, I can usually see 100% ballast in front and surf side, with 90% non-surf side. Then When you transfer you still have enough weight on the transfer side to get the wave to develop quickly.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I know we are talking totally different boats, but with my Craz, I find that I need to make sure my boat is weighted pretty evenly if I want to do transfers. If everyone plus my lead is sitting on the surf side, I find it takes longer for the wave to develope after switching. That being said, I don’t really have a problem doing it. You also need to make sure Autowake isn’t draining too much ballast from the non-surf side. If I have my boat weighted perfectly with people and lead, I can usually see 100% ballast in front and surf side, with 90% non-surf side. Then When you transfer you still have enough weight on the transfer side to get the wave to develop quickly.

Solid input thanks!
    I didn't think about the weight effecting the time to build the wave.

From talking to a few folks and reading I think it's just something I'm going to have to get used to