Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moomba surf

2in2out and Fern

I just checked and I have the Nibral OJ 15.5x15. It is a prop for altitude that my dealer set me up with. The highest I have been is 5,600 feet above sea level and the 400 does fine. Surfing on the port side I have a harder time getting up to speed. The only time I wish I had the 450 is when we have a crew of 15 or so. Doesn’t happen a lot but I have had to use my wake plate at 50 to get to surf speed when we had 17 of us. 6 adults and 11 kids. If you get the Makai at that altitude I would go with a 450 for sure. Especially because I would throw a lot more weight at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re gonna wakeboard heavy, the 400 will struggle. Surfing should allow the 400 to hang in there.

You'll can pull 7k with the right prop. No prob......
    2019' Moomba Max

I guess I didn’t think to talk about wakeboarding because due to injury I’m unable to do much wakeboarding anymore. I did pull a wakeboarder once and I filled the front bag 100% and didn’t put any in the back and still hard a hard time getting the right pitch according to auto wake. I was kind of shocked to be honest but I haven’t spent enough time testing it out. With the weight I have I know that I can’t get on plane with more than 60% in my bags. I really wish all three plates would deploy when you take off. My brothers Centurion has all 3 plates deploy and it makes a huge difference. Just my $0.2.