Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 max

Quote Originally Posted by zruvalcaba View Post
    Damn this is great information. The side storage bins are a $630 upgrade. That pays for the upgraded WM bags and then some. Thanks guys, I'll be calling my dealer and removing that option ASAP. I assume those can be ordered after the fact if needed anyway right?
    Of course. You could get later.

I personally want the water weight. Plus there are a few inches yet still above the big rears when full that a guy could rig a net or some other deal for a little storage of a jacket or 2. And the max still has the center over engine tray that holds a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I would not get the side storage bins if you want to upgrade midship bags. The bins were an option last year as well. We still use our side storage to store boards when the boat is out away or when I’m not filling any bags so adding the side storage bins would cut into available storage space. However if you want a clean look like you have subfloor ballast then option the side storage bins but just understand you’ll be stuck with the stock bags (or pop out the storage bins and lay some lead under the stock bag and stuff lead in the narrow tunnel leading up to the helm).
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yea I would not get the side storage bins if you want to upgrade midship bags. The bins were an option last year as well. We still use our side storage to store boards when the boat is out away or when I’m not filling any bags so adding the side storage bins would cut into available storage space. However if you want a clean look like you have subfloor ballast then option the side storage bins but just understand you’ll be stuck with the stock bags (or pop out the storage bins and lay some lead under the stock bag and stuff lead in the narrow tunnel leading up to the helm).
    Lots of confusion here:

“Side storage bins” option is the rear storage bins. From my understanding.

Side storage is a false floor. Period.

Again from my understanding.

I believe the nomenclature is probably derived from the fact that the max has a center storage bin.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Of course. You could get later.

I personally want the water weight. Plus there are a few inches yet still above the big rears when full that a guy could rig a net or some other deal for a little storage of a jacket or 2. And the max still has the center over engine tray that holds a lot.

Ditto what Dakota saying. With the WM rears I still have plenty of rear storage space even with bags full and rock hard. I keep my Exile balls in there while inflated which I would guess to be 15” at least and still have room for two of those balls on top of the bags. This is a big reason why we chose the Max knowing it had super deep storage enough for upgraded ballast bags and still be able to store things. As he mentioned you can use netting like in the murder Max thread to keep from having to bend way down in the canyon sized rear lockers lol.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So in summary, skip the side storage bins option and order the upgraded rear bags.

Double check this with your dealer before you pull the trigger, but that is how I understood the set up.

Default 2021 max

Ditto what Dakota saying. With the WM rears I still have plenty of rear storage space even with bags full and rock hard. I keep my Exile balls in there while inflated which I would guess to be 15” at least and still have room for two of those balls on top of the bags. This is a big reason why we chose the Max knowing it had super deep storage enough for upgraded ballast bags and still be able to store things. As he mentioned you can use netting like in the murder Max thread to keep from having to bend way down in the canyon sized rear lockers lol.
    Check me if I’m wrong, but your rear bags are probably the 1200s, is that correct?

The 1340s are a bit taller.

I'd like to avoid adding lead if possible. I'm already beginning to dread towing this thing with my 1500 Suburban....adding lead will just add to the overall weight of the boat when towing. The lake we usually go to is 6 hours away and the Colorado River is 4 hours away so the lighter I can keep my boat when towing the better. I'd rather trade 600lbs of extra ballast from these WM's for 600lbs of lead any day.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Check me if I’m wrong, but your rear bags are probably the 1200s, is that correct?

The 1340s are a bit taller.

They use the same rear bags as the Makai which are 1,345 lb bags. I know the image they use for the Max bag buster says 1,200 lb but when you get the bag the box states they are Makai/Max rear bags. Also if you go on WM site and do the bag buster kit for the Max you see you only get a rear bag option (because they come with midship bags) and that it says 1,345 lb rear bags. Perhaps early on the first WM Max kit used 1200 lb bag or they had a typo and never corrected it? I don't know which to be the case but I do know the Makai and Max share the same rear locker bags which state they're 1,345. This kind of gues inline with what Jason (I think his name is) on the FB owners group said the new (at the time 2019+) kit is almost 5k lbs. If you add it up that brings it to 4,770 lbs.

Here's a pic of the box label. Notice it says 2019+. I know they made some changes to the overflow and fill ports because Skiers Choice changed things for 2019 so perhaps they went from 1200 lb bags in 2018 to increasing size slightly for 2019+ to 1,345 lbs.

Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default 2021 max

They use the same rear bags as the Makai which are 1,345 lb bags. I know the image they use for the Max bag buster says 1,200 lb but when you get the bag the box states they are Makai/Max rear bags. Also if you go on WM site and do the bag buster kit for the Max you see you only get a rear bag option and that it says 1,345 lb bags. Perhaps early on the first WM Max kit used 1200 lb bag or they had a typo and never corrected it? I don't know which to be the case but I do know the Makai and Max share the same rear locker bags.

Yes the earlier version of the max bag buster was 1200. How long have you had yours? The reason I ask is 15 inches of room above them seems like too much. That would almost allow for the bin to be used?