Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 max

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Yes the earlier version of the max bag buster was 1200. How long have you had yours? The reason I ask is 15 inches of room above them seems like too much. That would almost allow for the bin to be used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered my 2019 kit during Black Friday last year. Installed them in the spring of this year. They made me new replacement bags this year because the first ones they sent were incorrectly made like many others which had "short" fill hoses. My new bags are about 8" longer and taller in the "pocket" area in between the rear and midship area of the locker than the original bags they sent me. The bins changed from 2019 to now according to some people on the FB group. The old bins I don't think would fit but I've heard the 2020 bins and newer are shallower so they could fit. I can't say for certain as it seems conflicting from those that have the bins and no telling when SC changed bin depth.
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

It's also worth mentioning that my 15" ball statement may not be entirely accurate as my Exile balls are not filled to maximum inflation levels. They have lost some air over time so maybe they are more like 12" now idk. All I know these are the newer bags because the ports and everything are of when they made the changes to 3 ports on the bottom for the 2019's and up.

Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I was having a discussion with the aftermarket guy at wake makers and he swears these bags could not be any bigger and I thought for sure they could be bigger. Looks like they could be a lot bigger.

Based on the confusing information they were telling me I would not be surprised if your 2019 kit is a set of 1200 pound bags. Are you positive they are not? They changed them for the 2020 boats. I think.

All in all it was really difficult to follow I must admit.

They changed them in 2019 when Skiers Choice changed the overflow from top to bottom of the bag. They were pulled off the WM website as they retooled and redesigned the bags and were off their for several months. I had kept in loose contact with them during that time as I was waiting to order bags and had to wait until they offered them again. It would seem silly for three to offer different size rear bags at this point. All I have to go by is what their website says when you place an order for rear bags and what the box says when you order them which says Makai/Max rear bags. Makai has always been a 1,345 lb bag. I agree it is confusing. I don’t think I would want s taller bag though simply because we use the storage a lot since you lose the midship when putting bags in there. I plan on adding 100 lbs of lead bags under my rear bags at some point and 400 lbs in the bow. I don’t want to get the 859 lb bow bag for the Max because then all of my storage would be gone except for under the helm. My lake gets rough and we usually fill front ballast to 50% or so to soak up the bumps so I won’t mind having 400 lbs up there in lead instead.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default 2021 max

Roger that.

Bryan at WM swore to me the 1345 bags fill the compartment. I insisted they do not—using mainly photos from owners as evidence. It was an interesting debate.

But it sure looks like they don’t even come close. They could be 1550 easily it appears.

Which is what I wanted—given I don’t want/need the storage. Seems silly to make them just tall enough to eliminate the tubs, but then leave an big awkward gap that invites a net or something. 6” seems ok, 12-15” seems like wasted space.

I also was speaking with Bryan lol and he is the one who handled the issues I ran into. Not once but twice on their bags (they sent me mismatched midships too). I have a garage full of WM bags never used that I should sell off lol. Really nice guy on the phone and in emails. Maybe he was thinking the Makai locker has no room because that I could see being the point since Makai locker is nowhere near as deep as the Max since it has subfloor ballast. Interesting and yet confusing topic for sure haha.
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-07-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

dakota4ce can you list out the full spec of your 2021 Max with all the intended engine/ballast/prop options you're going for and where they will be located? I get the sense that you are attempting to min/max the boat to be the absolute heaviest possible and that is also something I would like to do. Are you primarily surfing or wakeboarding?

A follow up question for anyone who's gone beyond nameplate (passenger/gear/fuel/ballast) weighting for their boat - Is there a point where overballasting (say, 1000lbs, 2000lbs over nameplate), would cause short or long term damage to the engine, transmission, Vdrive? I realize you can counter this to some degree with larger engine and prop upgrades but for anyone that's gone beyond nameplate, and felt like they've had success or felt that it was or wasn't worth the money, what experiences have you had?
    Last edited by Hayden; 08-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    dakota4ce can you list out the full spec of your 2021 Max with all the intended engine/ballast/prop options you're going for and where they will be located? I get the sense that you are attempting to min/max the boat to be the absolute heaviest possible and that is also something I would like to do. Are you primarily surfing or wakeboarding?

A follow up question for anyone who's gone beyond nameplate (passenger/gear/fuel/ballast) weighting for their boat - Is there a point where overballasting (say, 1000lbs, 2000lbs over nameplate), would cause short or long term damage to the engine, transmission, Vdrive? I realize you can counter this to some degree with larger engine and prop upgrades but for anyone that's gone beyond nameplate, and felt like they've had success or felt that it was or wasn't worth the money, what experiences have you had?
    Off top of my head 2021 Max
    , 450 motor, 7 inch screen, heater, light graphite exterior everywhere and interior, light graphite trailer, 18 inch wheels, electric over hydraulic brakes, 7 inch screen, did I already say that? Light graphite of both fabrics on the interior, honey accent, brown gatorstep, rear trailer steps, no Bimini. Gonna build a Sewlong type bimini.

Ordered wake makers Bagbusters for the back. Also ordered 600 pound bow bag. G6 ballast. Pretty much every option honestly. I suspect in the end I will run 500 pounds or so of lead. I am also going to install flow 3.0.

Going forward we will be 50-50 wakeboarding and surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Off top of my head 2021 Max
    , 450 motor, 7 inch screen, heater, light graphite exterior everywhere and interior, light graphite trailer, 18 inch wheels, electric over hydraulic brakes, 7 inch screen, did I already say that? Light graphite of both fabrics on the interior, honey accent, brown gatorstep, rear trailer steps, no Bimini. Gonna build a Sewlong type bimini.

Ordered wake makers Bagbusters for the back. Also ordered 600 pound bow bag. G6 ballast. Pretty much every option honestly. I suspect in the end I will run 500 pounds or so of lead. I am also going to install flow 3.0.

Going forward we will be 50-50 wakeboarding and surfing.

Did you not like your SL?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan