Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 max

I fully expect his Max to be massively weighted and throwing beastly waves. Can’t wait to see it all unfold.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I moved the stock 1000lb rears to the mid ship and it made a big difference. Fills the compartment with still enough for a few items. Rears are 1200's but if they send you the shorter ones and taller (don't fit well, too short) I think they are more like 1300-1400. Fill time is longer, midships get super full and rear is still not even close to full. The longer ones are the way to go, but make sure they send the right ones the first time. They are replacing the one rear wrong size, but have sent the same one twice now. Bryan is the guy who works with the bags for the Max.....good guy to talk to. I just got my 3 weeks ago
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Guessing dakota is Mitch. Cant wait to see this Max complete.

My WMs rear bags for my 19' are definitely 1200s. I still have the receipt.
    Very interesting! We shall see if mine are bigger. I think the gel is flying tomorrow on this boat.
    And yes, Dakota is Mitch! Or Mitch is Dakota. Anyway, they’re both me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real question will be after you set it up how you like it...how long until you sell it and buy another boat?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    The real question will be after you set it up how you like it...how long until you sell it and buy another boat?
    Who knows. Could be months

First vid I've seen of the 2021 Max. I like the redesigned helm and switches. This one still has the small screen but you can see the display housing is made for the larger 7" screen. What I don't understand if they removed the little cubby hole by the drivers armrest. I use that thing all the time and it's only of my favorite little storage areas. I did notice the top of the dash now has two sections to put things so I guess this is what replaced the side cubby but I don't keep many things on top of the dash storage because it gets hot causing my cellphone to go into overheat. I had heard the grab rails were changed but they look the same. Overall it looks good and still one of the best boats in its price category.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

More in-depth video of it. Gives some good looks at the dash and also the midship lockers to hide the bags all subfloor. I see the modified the engine tray finally so it can be removed easily. Going to cut mine the same for sure.

Last edited by haknslash; 08-15-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nice find on the videos. Really dig the midships bags being covered like that.... making me jealous a bit. Agree with the cubby by the throttle. I keep my glasses and phone there out of the sun, is kind of a shame it’s gone.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Guessing dakota is Mitch. Cant wait to see this Max complete.

My WMs rear bags for my 19' are definitely 1200s. I still have the receipt.
    The thing is the math doesn't add up. I know the receipt, the website bag image or the box may say 1,200 lb but nothing indicates that is the number. Perhaps that is what the 1st gen Max bags were and they did not correct the bag image? When the 2019 bags were redesigned I think Jason Powers on the owners group got a test kit with the latest upgrade because he posted a video of the install and it was before they were able to be bought off the website again. Perhaps he worked with Wakemakers on the redesigned bags since he has a 2019 Max early on. In one of his videos or posts on the owners group he said that the total ballast of the new kit would be close to 5k lbs, which makes the 4,770 lbs fit that comment more than 4,480 lbs if using a 1,200 lb rear bag. Otherwise he would had rounded down and said the kit would be roughly 4,500 lbs total ballast. Everything else on their site indicates it is a 1,345 lb bag. The dropdown says the 2018-2019 Max upgrade is 1,885 lbs beause it adds two 540 lb bags and two 1,345 lb bags giving you a total of 1,885 lbs.

I made some images below to help illustrate what I'm seeing on their website. I'm going to message Bryan at Wakemakers to see what he says. Personally I think the Max could possibly fit a 1,500 bag or so if you wanted to completely fill the rear locker but that may be too much stress on the sidewalls and panels, I don't know.

2018-2019 Max selection in the dropdown...

2020 Max selection in the dropdown...

Makai selection in the dropdown whihc uses the same rear bag as the Max...

Last edited by haknslash; 08-15-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Just sent this to wakemakers support so it will be interesting what they come back with.

"Hey guys I have your bag buster kit for my 2019 Max. On the image for the 2018 or 2019 Max selection it shows an image of the 4 bags and the rears say "1,200 lbs". However on the dropdown it says the upgrade is 1,885 lbs per side. If it were truly 1,200 lb rear bags and 540 lb midship then the total per side would be 1,740 lbs. The box the bags come in says it is a Max/Makai rear bag. When you select the Makai bag buster kit it says the rear bag is 1,345 lbs. When you select a 2020 Max is doesn't show the midship bag image assuming since they came optioned with 500 lb midship bags from the factory but it says the rear bag is 1,345 lbs. In short is the "1,200 lb" rear bag on the image used for the 2018-2019 Max incorrect or is the dropdown ballast total per side and the 2020 Max dropdown incorrect? I know you guys made a redesign of the bags for 2019 when Skiers Choice changed the overflow from the top fo the bag to moving them down to the bottom of the bags for 2019. Was the 1st gen or 2018 Max bags slightly smaller and is that where the 1,200 lb image comes from and why it's on some of the box labels as being 1,200 lb bag? I've attached some images to explain what I'm seeing on your site."
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold