Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

...It may seem like a crime to tube on this water but it was like that all day long just about everywhere we went... I had them going 30mph at one point and whipping them outside the wake. Like riding on a sheet of glass.

Mirror water for real! we NEVER get that!!! Sooooooo jellie!!
    Great pics of what looks like the ultimate family adventure
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Got a few pics from yesterday I took off my new fauxpro:

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Nice wave Z!

BTW I think I finally realized what has been causing my wave to look messed up the past few outings. For some reason I was thinking regular side was 70 but after doing some searching I think default is 65 on that side, maybe even 60 and the goofy side was 70. Can anyone with a Max confirm stock surf tab settings for each side? I went back and looked at some of my footage when I did a demo on a 2018 Max and regular side surf tab was at 60. Wave was small with stock ballast but was clean and did not have a scar on it that comes and goes. I vaguely remember fooling around with higher surf tab settings about a month ago like an idiot and should have kept it like I had it. Last weekend I noticed my regular side was set to 70 which I think is what is causing the scar, smaller and less clean wave than I've had when I first installed the wakemakers upgrade. Now i'm itching to get back to the lake to see if that is my issue. Almost positive regular side tab should not be at 70 and if so that's crazy how much a difference of 5-10 increments can m
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-24-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

oh come on! you're gonna be itching to get back to the lake no matter what
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I went on a week long MTB trip with my son to Schweitzer and Whitefish.
    We were wishing we had the boat as we were staying on Whitefish lake...
    man oh man... spent almost a year stationed in kalispell montana back in '94/95. it is hands down the most beautiful place I have ever lived and this was prior to it being overran by outsiders... rented a house on 15acres in Kila on capps rd and shoulda bought it..
    wish I would have had a boat back then. flathead is amazing but lake macdonald in glacier is surreal......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice wave Z!

BTW I think I finally realized what has been causing my wave to look messed up the past few outings. For some reason I was thinking regular side was 70 but after doing some searching I think default is 65 on that side, maybe even 60 and the goofy side was 70. Can anyone with a Max confirm stock surf tab settings for each side? I went back and looked at some of my footage when I did a demo on a 2018 Max and regular side surf tab was at 60. Wave was small with stock ballast but was clean and did not have a scar on it that comes and goes. I vaguely remember fooling around with higher surf tab settings about a month ago like an idiot and should have kept it like I had it. Last weekend I noticed my regular side was set to 70 which I think is what is causing the scar, smaller and less clean wave than I've had when I first installed the wakemakers upgrade. Now i'm itching to get back to the lake to see if that is my issue. Almost positive regular side tab should not be at 70 and if so that's crazy how much a difference of 5-10 increments can m
    Thank you, I finally got my extra 200lbs of lead in (for a total of 600). Yea I think 70 is a little much for regular, I’m usually in the 55-65 range. I don’t recall what the factory preset is though.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thank you, I finally got my extra 200lbs of lead in (for a total of 600). Yea I think 70 is a little much for regular, I’m usually in the 55-65 range. I don’t recall what the factory preset is though.
    I went back and watched the demo I took in 2018 and also the sea trial of my boat and both settings had it at 60 for regular. Man I feel like an idiot fighting myself for nearly a month driving myself crazy lol.

Where did you have your lead distributed? I plan to get 500 lbs or so but my poor old truck is going to hate me.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks for sharing the cool trip pics.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I went back and watched the demo I took in 2018 and also the sea trial of my boat and both settings had it at 60 for regular. Man I feel like an idiot fighting myself for nearly a month driving myself crazy lol.

Where did you have your lead distributed? I plan to get 500 lbs or so but my poor old truck is going to hate me.
    In those pics I believe I had:

150lbs in the bow (maybe 200)
    100 in the port rear locker tray
    100 on the port stringer (bw the rear and midship bag)
    50 on the starboard stringer
    200 on the floor under the rear bench seat (maybe 150; slightly biased to the port side)
    All ballast 100% full
    1/3 tank of fuel
    one driver and one passenger
    Surf tab 60; wakeplate 0; gps speed 11.0
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I went on a week long MTB trip with my son to Schweitzer and Whitefish. Mid trip we scored a ride on a 2019 SE on Hayden lake in ID.
    SL, but who's counting?
    2019 Supra SL450