Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

And one more from the night surf at the lakehouse on Swift Reservoir

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And getting in some time above the water on the foil...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    See arrows for “scar” as I like to call it on my wave. This was not there before. Wave also was noticeably smaller than what it has been with WM upgrade.

Usually this shows up when roll is off. Something is amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    See arrows for “scar” as I like to call it on my wave. This was not there before. Wave also was noticeably smaller than what it has been with WM upgrade.

Looks like you need more weight on the surf side. If you aren’t using lead then try the starboard ballast at 80% next time out.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Looks like you need more weight on the surf side. If you aren’t using lead then try the starboard ballast at 80% next time out.
    This was with surf side ballast full and with non-surf side about 85%. I double checked with my wife that she drained the correct side and she swears she drained the right side.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Trayson - you suck. JK.

We used to go to Swift years ago but it was always cold and too much debris. How long has that house been there? I don't recall ANY lakeside properties.

When you get used to these high mountain lakes going back to the river is tough.

These reservoirs used to never have any beaches but since they've been keeping the water low in the last several years they're pretty nice as long as you can dodge the stumps. However if you're not to the launch by 9am on a warm weekend, forget it. They'll be full.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Trayson - you suck. JK.

We used to go to Swift years ago but it was always cold and too much debris. How long has that house been there? I don't recall ANY lakeside properties.
    Northwoods. there's like a complex of 200 houses. you go up to the ranger station, turn right, cross the bridge, pass the Northwoods store and there's an entry into that whole community. they're up high on the hill but there's a path from their house to the dock. you have to use the Swift launch that's before the ranger station at the Swift forest camp. Her grandpa bought the place in the 60s!!! it's pretty wild. No electricity but they have propane. I really should have brought my drone and got some better pics of the area.

Yes, I guess they've been keeping it lower and also have been lowering it earlier and earlier in the year. I'm really hoping that I'll get back before they drop the water levels too low to use their dock.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

great pics berg. do miss the mountain lakes... although i'll take the water temps here anyday and the size of mead keeps us from ever seeing another boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Swapped out my 4’8” Whitey Tidy Nubstep for a 5’ Neo today and can’t wait to try it out. I think I’m going to also hang onto the Big Easy to keep a long cruiser board into the mix and I liked there way it felt. This should give me a nice range of high performance to cruiser and also keep the old Broadcast as a beater board that way I don’t care how it’s treated for anyone wanting to try surfing for the first time.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I love both they nubstep and neo. (I ride the nub, wife rides the neo). But 4'6 for us. The 4'8 I could probably deal with. The 5' would feel LONG!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    www.TraysonsToybox.com