Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ballast pump problem - on the water now

Left ballast will not come on. Switch on the dash lights up and the display shows it filling but the pumps are not on to fill or empty. Thoughts?

2019 Makai

Just search a few days back this week on posts. Some other folks with 2020 models having same problems. I think a component behind the ballast locker panel where the pumps are is shorting out and failing.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Thanks for the link. Not looking good for me. We towed the boat 8 hrs to friends place for a long weekend and have 1/2 the ballast system. I’m not real happy about it

This is hitting a lot of us, I've missed two weeks on two separate trips. Sucks.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    This is hitting a lot of us, I've missed two weeks on two separate trips. Sucks.
    Do you think its worth us just checking to see if its happening, or wait until we could probably have a issue......makes me what to take off port rear wall and check it
    D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Do you think its worth us just checking to see if its happening, or wait until we could probably have a issue......makes me what to take off port rear wall and check it
    D
    Can't hurt. I showed my dealer pictures of what's happening to others, he said mine wasn't bad...yet, but it smelled like it had burnt a little. The first time it happened, we opened up that relay box but didn't notice any smell or melting, but it was definitely malfunctioning. I would just run it.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Do you have access to fill the left side with a tsunami pump. I've done that several times when I've had issues on the lake. Course I have easy access to my bags.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    Do you have access to fill the left side with a tsunami pump. I've done that several times when I've had issues on the lake. Course I have easy access to my bags.
    I do now! I have the bins above the rear bags, but I figured out how to take them out in about 30s as apposed to the 15 minutes it took me when I thought I had to take the whole bracket off!
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I found a blown fuse and thought for sure the trip was salvaged. Stopped at a store bought a fuse and nothing. Today was the last day on the water, we made the most of it, but I could not surf without the rope and the other couples were really looking forward to it as well. So we wakeboarded, taught them how to get up on a surf board and even did a little skiing. All was not lost but disappointed to say the least and I have to say just a little embarrassing. I’m dropping it at the dealer on our way back home tomorrow evening.

Hoping they can get to it - we have 1 last trip with the kids next weekend before school starts back up.

I do have 500 lbs of lead on its way so maybe, just maybe that will be enough ballast to surf if it’s not fixed before we have to go.