Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Boat is at the dealer now and the service department did confirm relays melting into other boats.

Side note - anyone know why they use fuses and not breakers?

Seems like this is a wide spread issue. Anyone know if Moomba has fixed this problem in the 2021 models? I've got a Craz on order and this has me a little spooked. When the dealer is fixing these what are they doing to ensure it isn't happening again?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Do you think its worth us just checking to see if its happening, or wait until we could probably have a issue......makes me what to take off port rear wall and check it
    D

This is what I found in my starboard box when that side would empty out. It will fill but not drain. Went to dealer and parts are 7-10 day out so I took it back to the lake so I would have a boat this last weekend

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike......I looked at mine the other day......just the wires on the outside that had melted for everyone else...(pics) Maybe I should open it up.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Update: bad ballast pump control module (in everyone’s pics) and they’re back ordered. Super bummed - we’re taking her away again this weekend to my folks and my brother is excited to see it and surf.

I have a 700 lbs fat sac and tsunami pump a buddy is lending me and we will have a full boat so I’m hopeful we will be able to surf a bit.

Anyone know if I can plug the pump into my ballast system somehow??

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Update: bad ballast pump control module (in everyone’s pics) and they’re back ordered. Super bummed - we’re taking her away again this weekend to my folks and my brother is excited to see it and surf.

I have a 700 lbs fat sac and tsunami pump a buddy is lending me and we will have a full boat so I’m hopeful we will be able to surf a bit.

Anyone know if I can plug the pump into my ballast system somehow??
    You could buy some fly high plugs and connector that will work with tsunami pump on wakemakers.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    You could buy some fly high plugs and connector that will work with tsunami pump on wakemakers.
    Thanks! A buddy loaned me a 700 lbs fatsac and tsunami pump. Wondering if I can use fittings from the fatsac....I’ll look into it a little bit.

No, the fittings from a FatSac are smaller than the Wakemakers bags on the thread side. Wakemaker does sell a fitting which will fit on the Wakemaker bag and connect to the Tsunami but the fitting right off the fatsac won't screw into the Wakemaker port.

Here's the fitting for the Wakemaker port to the Tsunami pump: https://www.wakemakers.com/launch-pa...onversion.html

33837.jpg

For reference here's the standard FatSac port to Tsunami pump fitting: https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...ting-w730.html

39122.jpg

Same top but different threaded bottom
    2017 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Thanks! A buddy loaned me a 700 lbs fatsac and tsunami pump. Wondering if I can use fittings from the fatsac....I’ll look into it a little bit.
    I tried doing that. My staid pumping in but not out. I have the exact fit bags for the craz and I’ve tried all sorts of different threaded fittings but can’t get anything the work with the tsunami pump. I took out a 3/4 vent plug on one of the vent ports on the back of the bag and you would swear they are the same it still couldn’t get the tsunami fitting to work. Being that I only have to use the tsunami to pump out, I can stick it in the plug on the top of the bag and with some patience I can get it almost completely empty. Big pain though. I’m still waiting on parts as well. They were ordered 9 days ago and still not here. I’m in Saskatchewan Canada

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldmike76 View Post
    I tried doing that. My staid pumping in but not out. I have the exact fit bags for the craz and I’ve tried all sorts of different threaded fittings but can’t get anything the work with the tsunami pump. I took out a 3/4 vent plug on one of the vent ports on the back of the bag and you would swear they are the same it still couldn’t get the tsunami fitting to work. Being that I only have to use the tsunami to pump out, I can stick it in the plug on the top of the bag and with some patience I can get it almost completely empty. Big pain though. I’m still waiting on parts as well. They were ordered 9 days ago and still not here. I’m in Saskatchewan Canada

Mike

**system. Not sure how auto correct got that...