Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Dk001m View Post
    Can any of the new mojo owners give a comparison to a 2017-20 23LSV?

We’re in line for a mojo with a delivery date in July, and cross shopping against a low hour LSV available now for about 30k more. Both well equipped, and our biggest priorities are surf and social hosting with kids and friends.

To me, mojo offers more modern interior design apart from the helm (walkthrough, seadeck instead of carpet on this one, observer cutout), greater subfloor ballast, more freeboard for our rough lake, our choice of colors.

Lsv offers classic good looks, modern helm, good surf setup (gates plus wedge plus PnP), more creature comforts (bigger Bimini, swim step, probably quieter), a somewhat nicer interior, faster delivery, and the Moorage and service location are the same. Higher initial cost drives extra +3k in one-time taxes, $300/yr in interest and $150/yr in reg, but depreciation probably similar due to age difference (maybe $7k but who knows).

I’ve sat in but not ridden behind the mojo, so unsure how they compare in surf wave, noise levels, radio quality, and ride. Curious on the group’s thoughts.
    Usually people will compare Malibu to Supra, and Axis to Moomba. You will not find too many 2021 Mojo people out there b/c it was released so late in 2020 - as you probably know.

I'm a fan of both of those boat models. I think when you are just cruising in the lake you will find the rides to be similar. They do not have the deeper Vs like other boat makers (Cent or MC), that is where you can feel a difference if you have rough conditions.

The BUs in previous years did not need as much ballast as a Supra or Moomba, but you will have higher fuel consumption b/c of the wedge. All the BU boats I have been on had the PnP and for a new boater, they were really easy to setup with just the gate and wedge deployed.

The 2021 Mojo I was on last Nov had 500#s of lead and 7-8 people. You can see the surf wave on the Wake9 video. It was nice. No issues getting on plane or sluggish out of the hole. They boat really took off when loaded up.

I cannot comment on noise b/c when I'm on a boat I really do not pay attention to that. I've been a cig boat fan for years, so if a boat had a little noise, no biggie to me.

Depending on how long you planned on keeping the boat, I would factor in the warranty length. Things go wrong with all boats and all boat makers. Nice to have a warranty and good dealer to support you and keep you on the water ALL summer.

You are in a win-win situation.
    2018 Supra SL400

Bu is far more luxury and plushness for the $30k price delta.

Never been on a bu other than at a boat show, but understand they are hard to drive when surfing due to bow rise and the drag of the wedge.

It really boils down to your budget.

As mentioned Bu is a luxury brand, moomba a budget to mid level brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Usually people will compare Malibu to Supra, and Axis to Moomba. You will not find too many 2021 Mojo people out there b/c it was released so late in 2020 - as you probably know.

I'm a fan of both of those boat models. I think when you are just cruising in the lake you will find the rides to be similar. They do not have the deeper Vs like other boat makers (Cent or MC), that is where you can feel a difference if you have rough conditions.

The BUs in previous years did not need as much ballast as a Supra or Moomba, but you will have higher fuel consumption b/c of the wedge. All the BU boats I have been on had the PnP and for a new boater, they were really easy to setup with just the gate and wedge deployed.

The 2021 Mojo I was on last Nov had 500#s of lead and 7-8 people. You can see the surf wave on the Wake9 video. It was nice. No issues getting on plane or sluggish out of the hole. They boat really took off when loaded up.

I cannot comment on noise b/c when I'm on a boat I really do not pay attention to that. I've been a cig boat fan for years, so if a boat had a little noise, no biggie to me.

Depending on how long you planned on keeping the boat, I would factor in the warranty length. Things go wrong with all boats and all boat makers. Nice to have a warranty and good dealer to support you and keep you on the water ALL summer.

You are in a win-win situation.
    Thanks a lot for the fast reply. Totally understand that experience with the mojo is thin right now, so happy to have found someone who’s been in one. I’d been waiting for that wake9 video and it made me feel really good about going mojo. Good to know about the wave and rough water performance.

We’ve been renting time on an 2018 a24 for the past year. Great wave and love the interior room. Looked at a ‘21 T23, but decided on the mojo due to vastly nicer interior.

I took a demo on a ‘21 LSV and it was shockingly nice inside, but thereÂ’s a chance we’ll have to move within 3 years and I’m concerned about a first year bill of 15k in taxes and 25k in depreciation, which wouldnÂ’t be as big a deal over a longer ownership period. Was hoping the ‘19 LSV would be similar, but felt quite a bit more basic and to my untrained eye not worlds different from the mojo (which I also really liked). Hoping that others with more experience can weigh in on whether the upgrade offers enough extra value to be is *worth* it.

I landed in a similar place that these are both great boats, and might come down to non-product factors like whether IÂ’m willing to wait until July.
    Last edited by Dk001m; 03-12-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Can anyone confirm what the fuel requirements are for the mojo? Does it need premium or anything?

Nice text to get on a Friday afternoon

2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Can anyone confirm what the fuel requirements are for the mojo? Does it need premium or anything?
    Here ya go, page 9:
    https://www.indmar.com/wp-content/up...es-Inboard.pdf
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Thank you. I appreciate it

Woohoo!!! Anxious to see yours as we had similar designs.

Congrats!!

Might not be helpful for your direct comparison, but we spent a lot of time in the fall testing driving a couple boats. We are now previous Malibu owners and have gone with a new Supra SA over an LSV.

We are not fans of the Malibu surf system, it sucks gas and runs the engine at a much higher RPM than any other brand. From experience owning and testing typical RPM range on Malibu's when surfing is 4400+ (+ or - depending on wedge placement). In addition the surf gate is almost useless; with anything other than a minimal crew it prevents the boat from hitting your surf speed, we had it set to the lift setting 85% of the time.

Malibu also has consistent quality control issues for what comes out of the factory (Just spend some time on the forum) and does not reflect its look in our opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by arsnlgunnr View Post

What a tease, that's just evil.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost