Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Funny how ballast still creeps higher and higher. For any boat boat maker. What is the std for the Mojo now- 4K?

I think it’s interesting the Mojo is listed at 4300#, but a Supra SA or SL are 5800#s and 5600#s. Always surprised me.

Thus got to sink that hull for the displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is crazy to me, mojo is 23 feet, The SA is shorter at 22.5 and somehow weighs 1500# more. Has to be significantly more fiberglass in the SA vs Mojo.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Mojo dry weight is 4,800. Big difference between SA/SL and Mojo is the power tower is significantly heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Mojo dry weight is 4,800. Big difference between SA/SL and Mojo is the power tower is significantly heavier.
    Power tower weighs a billion pounds. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    This is crazy to me, mojo is 23 feet, The SA is shorter at 22.5 and somehow weighs 1500# more. Has to be significantly more fiberglass in the SA vs Mojo.

It certainly must be fiberglass. The SA is 200# heavier than the SL which is a foot longer, and otherwise all other components are the same. But SA is deeper and looks beefier. So the difference is all in the extra fiberglass. Who new FG was that heavy!.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

[QUOTE=haknslash;360759]Created a superimposed A3 vs A3 Pro tower and bimini images for you. The A3 Pro bimini is a few inches longer forward and aft. It also has a shorter distance between the top of the windshield to the bottom of the bimini and a lower overall height (should help fit in more garages).

----

DUDE!!!! that's awesome!!! thanks for doing this!!! re-confirms my decision to go a3 - i'm 6'3 and with the 10" speakers need all the help I can get. Perfect! it is smaller, but marginal, IMO.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    For chits and giggles comparing the Mojo and Max. Interesting that the Kaiyen, Mondo and Mojo all use a ginormous single fin vs the Craz, Makai and Max having two smaller fins. Also interesting how deep the Mojo appears to be. It's almost as deep as the Max is! I aligned the shaft and prop up together and you can see how they layout the proportions of the two boats. Pretty interesting.

DUDE! THIS IS AWESOME TOO!!! Coming from a MAX to Mojo -- very awesome comparison!!! few observations, .....I was worried that the max freeboard (height?) was so much deeper .. but here you can see it is a bit, but not a TON taller. another major observation is going from 2 bottom " tracking fins" (what are they called? ) - to one big one that looks a lot deeper... what difference do you think that might make?? I know for the MAX over the last 3 seasons.. at low speeds that thing had ZERO tracking.. (driving onto trailer etc..) - like seriously turned into a spinning top.. i just wonder what the difference if any may be??

Is the tower the same? we had a 2018 - but I heard 2019+ went to a different one? can't remember what it was called? Is the A3 the old one we had on the 18 max? It doesn't really look the same above? (looks less wide at the base?)

the bottom and shape of the hull is slightly different looks like.. wonder also how that might change choppy water ride.. obviously the mojo is longer..

obviously the "beak nose" on the mojo ... (anyone know the purpose of this?) ..if i had my choice, I like the max nose shape better.. but oh well..

THANKS FOR DOING THIS!! COOL IDEA MAN!!
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Living in Knoxville TN has a few perks, you are going to love this boat. It was my favorite boat in the Moomba lineup, still is.
    DUDE -- - what are you telling us here? Is this a hint? Have you seen one in person / ridden one??? suspense is killing us.

I've never bought a boat without a demo (or at least a test run)!! ..
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

I'm seeing on the 2021 websites - SA is listed at 5800 lbs and the mojo is listed at 4800 lbs - so 1k difference?

I would add to that - the stock ballast on Mojo is 500lbs more, and 70 vs 60 gallons of fuel .. makes up for a half of the difference (stock weight anyway).. add a min. of 500 lbs lead and you are right there (as far as stock weight)...

I'm NOT saying by any means it will be as good.. of course not..because it's NOT... but - just saying - basic hull / weight comparison. As others said, I'm sure the tower on the SA is hefty weight...vs the A3. and I'm sure, overall build quality is no comparison.

am I missing something?
    2021 Mojo

It can be as good if done right, or close enough to to not be able to tell the difference.

This Flow 3 Max setup is as good as any Skier’s Choice wave I have ever personally produced. So it’s right up there.

You’re gonna have a great boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    I'm seeing on the 2021 websites - SA is listed at 5800 lbs and the mojo is listed at 4800 lbs - so 1k difference?

I would add to that - the stock ballast on Mojo is 500lbs more, and 70 vs 60 gallons of fuel .. makes up for a half of the difference (stock weight anyway).. add a min. of 500 lbs lead and you are right there (as far as stock weight)...

I'm NOT saying by any means it will be as good.. of course not..because it's NOT... but - just saying - basic hull / weight comparison. As others said, I'm sure the tower on the SA is hefty weight...vs the A3. and I'm sure, overall build quality is no comparison.

am I missing something?
    I borrowed the 4300# data and the correct Mojo data is 4800#

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan