Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Mid 90s OTD

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    I showed my dealer my Supreme S238 quote ($101.8k OTD after 7% tax), and he said he feels pretty confident that I would be the close to the same for a pretty typically equipped Mojo. That would jive with your mid 90's estimate.

that supreme 238 as a leftover will be 80k. lots of margin in those boats and 101 is a little high. I've seen zs232's in the low100's.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that supreme 238 as a leftover will be 80k. lots of margin in those boats and 101 is a little high. I've seen zs232's in the low100's.
    Not sure there will be any leftovers. That's my problem. I literally got out my checkbook and said I can't pay six figures. Offered him 99.9k plus a $500 dollar pro shop credit. To be fair, it has four Rev 10's and two Sub's in what is called the "hero audio package", but I was blown away when they turned me down. They walked me over $1800 bucks. Weird considering a lot of Supreme buyers graduate to Centurions.

That $101.8 was $6.5 in sales tax, $3K in freight, $500 doc, $500 registration and 1.5k in dealer prep. I think, itemized, the boat plus options was just under 90K. It's getting ridiculous. My Max quote is 95K, which makes me think that a Mojo at 101 is dubious.

fwiw the supreme dealer in phx told us a well equipped zs212 would come in at 105k msrp and their pricing was around 90 plus dealer fees/tax. said to expect 12-14% off. know every market is different and ya, your right in that there are very few leftovers right now.
    I think mojo will be low100s otd for decent options. have seen a few makais at 104ish so figure 110 otd.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If the Mojo comes out at >100k OTD, its going to be disappointing. The allure of the Mojo has always been its value proposition for me. Perfect size, awesome design and paint scheme, great wave, lots of great features, room for storage, fit and finish second to none in that segment, and on and on, for a great price. It was hands down the best value in the 22-23ft segment. If it becomes very expensive, then its still an awesome boat, but its just another awesome, very expensive boat, there's lots of those. But then, it seems all manufacturers are heading that same direction. These prices are pushing many would be buyers out of the market for new boats. I know I now have a Supra but I worked my way up into that price bracket, no way I would of bought a Supra as my first wake boat. I see many of the higher priced Supra owners started with mid priced boats. To dull the psychological impact of paying for these boats. The Mojo was perfect and priced at a level I could stomach at that time,<70k new. We loved that boat. Now, that doesn't even get you in the door. I guess that'll be good for used boat sellers.
    Guppy, it seems your dealers are pretty rigid with their prices, I think that depends on local markets. You may want to consider shopping other markets and pay for shipping/freight, it may still save you thousands. I know my dealer is not that rigid. If you're interested, shoot a DM and I'll put you in contact with someone.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Not sure there will be any leftovers. That's my problem. I literally got out my checkbook and said I can't pay six figures. Offered him 99.9k plus a $500 dollar pro shop credit. To be fair, it has four Rev 10's and two Sub's in what is called the "hero audio package", but I was blown away when they turned me down. They walked me over $1800 bucks. Weird considering a lot of Supreme buyers graduate to Centurions.

That $101.8 was $6.5 in sales tax, $3K in freight, $500 doc, $500 registration and 1.5k in dealer prep. I think, itemized, the boat plus options was just under 90K. It's getting ridiculous. My Max quote is 95K, which makes me think that a Mojo at 101 is dubious.
    Couple ways to look at it.....

1) you walked from a boat you liked over $1800
    2) dealer lost a sale over $1800

The question: Is any deal worth losing over 1.8%??

This clearly is a sellers market, I am confident the dealer eventually got their asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post

My Max quote is 95K...
    Now that is insane!

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

My guess, go on the builder and build a Kaiyen. I bet that will get you pretty close. You would need to add a little to the MSRP of the Kaiyen because you know the Mojo will be a little more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    If the Mojo comes out at >100k OTD, its going to be disappointing. The allure of the Mojo has always been its value proposition for me. Perfect size, awesome design and paint scheme, great wave, lots of great features, room for storage, fit and finish second to none in that segment, and on and on, for a great price. It was hands down the best value in the 22-23ft segment. If it becomes very expensive, then its still an awesome boat, but its just another awesome, very expensive boat, there's lots of those. But then, it seems all manufacturers are heading that same direction. These prices are pushing many would be buyers out of the market for new boats. I know I now have a Supra but I worked my way up into that price bracket, no way I would of bought a Supra as my first wake boat. I see many of the higher priced Supra owners started with mid priced boats. To dull the psychological impact of paying for these boats. The Mojo was perfect and priced at a level I could stomach at that time,<70k new. We loved that boat. Now, that doesn't even get you in the door. I guess that'll be good for used boat sellers.
    Guppy, it seems your dealers are pretty rigid with their prices, I think that depends on local markets. You may want to consider shopping other markets and pay for shipping/freight, it may still save you thousands. I know my dealer is not that rigid. If you're interested, shoot a DM and I'll put you in contact with someone.
    I think surfing is one of the main drivers of this price increase. Full disclosure I don't find much joy in watching or participating in surfing, but I know it is a great way for a lot of people to enjoy the water. I think surfing has had the same impact on boat prices as government loans have had on college prices. Also, with surfing being easier on the body and lower impact than many other water activities it has brought an older population into the wakeboat scene. These people generally have more money and/or better credit and can afford the newer boats. I think the boat technology has definitely made huge leaps in the past 10 years, but I think prices are inflated by the deeper pockets and better credit allowing for bigger/longer loans. Its good for the wakeboat industry and resale value, but if you want new, you gotta pay to play. Otherwise, better start shopping used. Again, not bashing anyone just my observations.

If the mojo follows the pricing of the current Makai, it’s not going to be hard to get it to $100k MSRP. Take into tax prep etc... it would most likely be just over $100k OTD. My dealer said he expects them to sell around $105K OTD at current pricing levels, meaning virtually no discounting.