Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Got my dealer to get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo...Marine Products is pretty awesome....I am putting a deposit down in the next few days..

I swear to all that is holy I can't make up my damn mind, I'm the guy that will stare and study the peanut butter option at the grocery store for ten minutes instead of just grabbing the Jif.

Looks like 10G id the difference between my very loaded Max (No tritons and 14 inch wheels) and a similarly loaded Mojo...

I could probably get the difference down to 9G by taking off the docking lights (not even avail on the Max), GPS mapping, and windscreen.

Anyway...trying to figure out what the benefits of the Mojo are..Couple questions for any insiders...

1. Will the Mojo have hinged seats?
    2. Do you think the huge WM bag buster (1345) will fit in the Mojo and if not, do you think WM will have a bad ready for the Mojo that ups the standard ballast. The reason I ask is the dealer will install it for me during dealer prep when I get the boat in April.

You guys think the Mojo will be 10 grand better than the Max???

I've never owned a surfboat (owned sterndrives forever ), but without detail of the Mojo the best I can tell is the advantages over the Max are..
    6 inches longer
    Flow 3
    Rev 10's available
    True Walk Thru..
    A little more attention to detail
    More attractive exterior

Does that sound about right? Worth 9-10G's?

I think more than likely I will lose a little freeboard compared to the enormous freeboard of the Max, but I don't think it will be huge.
    I struggled with the same before we ordered our Max a couple weeks ago. I was also comparing different brand wakeboard boats- I had an excel spreadsheet with all the prices of each option...plus estimated discounts..etc...I also built at least 100+ boats before deciding on the colors (all black exterior, tan interior-lol). I started the process back on June, then finalized a couple weeks after the 2021 boat builder was released.

One thing that saved us a chunk of money is the stereo- We never have the need for a “loud stereo” and I really dislike tower speakers (just not our families style). We are more low key and no one else around the lake wants to hear loud music from a boat.

Regarding the GPS cruise- talking with a couple manufacturer reps, the GPS cruise will be accurate within .1 mph. The standard cruise will be accurate within .3 mph. We stuck with the standard cruise as we are not professional surfers and don’t ever care to be.
    Last edited by brad460; 10-03-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Mojo. Just do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default 2021 Mojo

Mojo, I am all about the latest/newest design. The max or craz will be the next moomba redesign.

9-10k delta is nothing on a wakeboat anymore.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-03-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Got my dealer to get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo...Marine Products is pretty awesome....I am putting a deposit down in the next few days..

I swear to all that is holy I can't make up my damn mind, I'm the guy that will stare and study the peanut butter option at the grocery store for ten minutes instead of just grabbing the Jif.

Looks like 10G id the difference between my very loaded Max (No tritons and 14 inch wheels) and a similarly loaded Mojo...

I could probably get the difference down to 9G by taking off the docking lights (not even avail on the Max), GPS mapping, and windscreen.

Anyway...trying to figure out what the benefits of the Mojo are..Couple questions for any insiders...

1. Will the Mojo have hinged seats?
    2. Do you think the huge WM bag buster (1345) will fit in the Mojo and if not, do you think WM will have a bad ready for the Mojo that ups the standard ballast. The reason I ask is the dealer will install it for me during dealer prep when I get the boat in April.

You guys think the Mojo will be 10 grand better than the Max???

I've never owned a surfboat (owned sterndrives forever ), but without detail of the Mojo the best I can tell is the advantages over the Max are..
    6 inches longer
    Flow 3
    Rev 10's available
    True Walk Thru..
    A little more attention to detail
    More attractive exterior

Does that sound about right? Worth 9-10G's?

I think more than likely I will lose a little freeboard compared to the enormous freeboard of the Max, but I don't think it will be huge.
    A mojo looks 20 grand better than a max so just based on that alone I know what I would pick. Couple that with the redesign and sub floor ballast and such and I don't know how we are even talking about this.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The mojo is a new design this year, the max is 3 or 4 years old. The max will be updated or discontinued before the mojo, leaving with a "not current model" boat sooner. This hurts resale. I cringe every year when the lineup is released expecting my beloved Craz to get cut.

And the mojo will be the better boat.

I don't exorcism WM to have an upgraded bag by April. Maybe by June if you're lucky. They've been moving pretty slow and all brands are changing quickly.

I would buy the mojo right now if I could. But that is just some keyboard jockey blabbering. It your money, you literally can't make a wrong decision here!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Just a couple points of clarification: the max also has the same subfloor ballast system as a mojo would. Secondly I don’t think MAXIM is going to be on the list of redesign like you were expecting. The max occupies a special spot in their lineup it’s not really on the marquee like those other boats are. That being said? I probably still get the mojo just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatersalad View Post
    I'm not an insider...I have the same conundrum. Trying to decide if the Mojo is the right fit. When you say "get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo", how aggressive were they in pricing on the Mojo? Can you give an estimated % off MSRP?
    Not like 2018 leftover aggressive, but 2020 aggressive. No matter what you negotiate, you can be certain your buddy isn't getting the boat for 10 grand less...at least there's solace in that. Right now, anything in the 5-7% off is good. 8% to 9% is excellent. I got closer to the latter, but I didn't include the prep or freight as part of the discount. (That's like $4200 at zero discount). I've called a few dealers and they were offering next to nothing, kind of short sighted in my opinion, eventually the market will adjust and the first time Moomba buyers will remember how they were treated when it's time to buy the Supra. MP in SLC has been ver fair to me.

I think the only thing that keeps me away from writing them a deposit is a last minute ridiculous offer from MB (TBS). MB is my super hot, tatted up, straight bourbon drinking girl at the bar. She makes no sense, but I don't know how to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Mojo, I am all about the latest/newest design. The max or craz will be the next moomba redesign.

9-10k delta is nothing on a wakeboat anymore.

Unfortunately True... I suppose if I switch my daily Flat Whites back to Pike, that would cover the monthly delta on the loan. LOL

Unfortunately True... I suppose if I switch my daily Flat Whites back to Pike, that would cover the monthly delta on the loan. LOL
    Priorities my friends.......priorities.

I will make a prediction:

If you buy the MAX, it will be awesome, surf monster, family will build awesome memories for years........until you see a mojo on the lake one day and the boat envy will take over.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Priorities my friends.......priorities.

I will make a prediction:

If you buy the MAX, it will be awesome, surf monster, family will build awesome memories for years........until you see a mojo on the lake one day and the boat envy will take over.

If I buy the Mojo, what the hell happens when you float by in your Supra?