Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

So I have a Makai on order... do you think it's worth changing the order over to a Mojo? I do like the extra space, and the upgraded tower with the tie off points for beginners. The new seating arrangement is pretty cool, but with the Mojo optioned out similar to the makai, pricing is very similar. The major savings seems to be staying with the A3 tower.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If I wasn’t buying a Supra SA, I would for sure buy the new moomba Mojo.

I consider it a SA lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed 100%.
    If this had been available in July when I was buying I'd probably be in one now rather than my SA.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    So I have a Makai on order... do you think it's worth changing the order over to a Mojo? I do like the extra space, and the upgraded tower with the tie off points for beginners. The new seating arrangement is pretty cool, but with the Mojo optioned out similar to the makai, pricing is very similar. The major savings seems to be staying with the A3 tower.
    I would much rather have the Mojo, but that's just me.

Default 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    I don’t think so. The extra 1.5 feet is pretty awesome. Makai is just massive.

Although I do think the lines and proportions of the mojo are more attractive than Makai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    The compartments have carpet on the sides (which is std across the industry) but there is no carpet in the bottom of the compartments.

The bow of the new Mojo is very deep as is the rest of the interior. Trevor goes over it as well in the walk-through video.
    Not sure if you're able to answer all of these but gonna try and catch you with some!

1) Did the 2021 Mojo go through a redesign on the hull specifically? If it did, can you articulate what you guys were shooting for in terms of goals? Would love to hear any insights or shop/design talk related to this.

2) With regards to Flow 2 vs. Flow 3, we've seen a few veteran members of this forum comment on the difference it makes, can you speak to it yourself and again give some insight as to what you want the difference to be?

3) From my research and exposure, Moomba has traditionally been seen as better value/fit/finish but needing some extra weight to get comparable waves vs. the competition. With many of the newer Moomba's coming out with #3700-4000 and then having #2500 for people/gear/fuel, what are your thoughts on those of us who are pushing as much of that #2500 into additional ballast? Any general comments to make on doing that with respect to engine wear, general safety, hull integrity. Any information you can share based on any of the testing you've done with heavily weighting the current generation (2020/2021) of Mooomba boats?

Appreciate any comments you can give!
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Why?
    Just curious.

I love the makai but it just felt too big to me
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Not sure if you're able to answer all of these but gonna try and catch you with some!

1) Did the 2021 Mojo go through a redesign on the hull specifically? If it did, can you articulate what you guys were shooting for in terms of goals? Would love to hear any insights or shop/design talk related to this.

Our engineering department can answer this better than me, but I know it was tweaked. They rarely bring out a new boat without at least making minor changes to the designs. Our goal with all Moomba models is providing great multi-sport performance, so that was the goal with the Mojo as well.

2) With regards to Flow 2 vs. Flow 3, we've seen a few veteran members of this forum comment on the difference it makes, can you speak to it yourself and again give some insight as to what you want the difference to be?

The 2.0 will require slightly more roll to achieve a clean face/lip compared to the 3.0. The 3.0 design allows you to clean up the face with slightly less roll than 2.0. Is one BETTER than the other? To me, they achieve the same thing, just with different ways of getting there. You can have a great wave with both.

3) From my research and exposure, Moomba has traditionally been seen as better value/fit/finish but needing some extra weight to get comparable waves vs. the competition. With many of the newer Moomba's coming out with #3700-4000 and then having #2500 for people/gear/fuel, what are your thoughts on those of us who are pushing as much of that #2500 into additional ballast? Any general comments to make on doing that with respect to engine wear, general safety, hull integrity. Any information you can share based on any of the testing you've done with heavily weighting the current generation (2020/2021) of Mooomba boats?

We've been pushing more standard ballast to help with this. It's all about displacement. If the boat weighs 5,000 lbs with 4,000 lbs of ballast and you add 2,000 lbs of people, it's going to displace more water than a boat with less people/weight. You also have to take into account the surface area of the hull, the larger the boat, the more weight is needed to displace it. If you're wanting to add ballast that is your choice. I've not heard of any issues with more ballast added. Just do it responsibly and make sure you're riding far enough from shore so the waves dissipate.

Appreciate any comments you can give!

Hope this helps

Appreciate the follow-up. Thanks again.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I don’t think so. The extra 1.5 feet is pretty awesome. Makai is just massive.

Although I do think the lines and proportions of the mojo are more attractive than Makai.

I agree... the paint scheme for the Mojo are much more attractive than the makai scheme

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    If this had been available in July when I was buying I'd probably be in one now rather than my SA.
    I'd have to agree. I love my SL, but if I was in the market right now and I was facing the choice of a new fully optioned Mojo or my SL, I'd be really tempted to save the $30K and option a Mojo 400, with everything and it would be a superb boat. I'd get the pro tower and 4 10" speakers, optioned to the T.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost