Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ToddP1616 View Post
    I’m supposed to pick mine up on Friday. Can’t wait. Attachment 29623
    Ooooh, that's nice. Pro-tower, triton racks, 7 in screen. Great color and feature combo. I'm in the camp of those that think getting those extra features, although higher cost up front, preserves a lot of resale value by increasing desirability. Love the boat man. Enjoy.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Picked up my boat yesterday, tried to do a little surfing but it was only myself and a friend and couldn’t get any push out of it at all. Today going back out and have invited quite a lot of ballast to tag along haha

But I can’t seem search on the app as well but I want my pitch at like 8.5-9? And my roll at what?

Anyone have a decent setup on the mojo yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Picked up my boat yesterday, tried to do a little surfing but it was only myself and a friend and couldn’t get any push out of it at all. Today going back out and have invited quite a lot of ballast to tag along haha

But I can’t seem search on the app as well but I want my pitch at like 8.5-9? And my roll at what?

Anyone have a decent setup on the mojo yet?

I figured that boat would surf pretty good factory. Heavy and lots of ballast. Kind of surprised! Beautiful boat!

2017 Supra SA

Wake 9's settings are around the 6:55 mark and he had 1k in lead and a reasonable crew so likely need to have some extra weight on light crew days as you noted and probably a bit more weight on decent crew days as he did in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_JmlJhCkNM

Goofy

Pitch ~ 9.5
    Roll ~ 4

Regular
    Pitch ~ 9.5
    Roll ~-1 to-2
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

How is this possible- Brand new wakesurf boat doesn’t make a good enough wake to surf? Now everyone will tell you to add lead?

Doesn’t it have 4000lbs ballast stock?

Are these new boats that sensitive to setup?

Use to surf our 04 Moomba LSV with one 750lb bag in the back corner..I am expecting our new Max to have twice the size wave.
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    How is this possible- Brand new wakesurf boat doesn’t make a good enough wake to surf? Now everyone will tell you to add lead?

Use to surf our 04 Moomba LSV with one 750lb bag in the back corner..I am expecting our new Max to have twice the size wave.
    I understand how you feel, I had a 2003 lsv that always produced a great consistent wake with about 1800lbs of ballast but someone explained it on here a while back.

When you add 2k of ballast to the older boats you reach 100%+ of the boats potential to weigh it down. They have a max rating of something like 11 passengers or 1,500lbs. I know I was pretty close to the rub rails with 650lbs in each locker and center ballast.

Well in the newer boats it takes A LOT more weight to reach the boats full displacement potential.

In the Max the displacement potential is 5900lbs (including gear and passengers) so you need a lot more weight to sink it in the water. The wave will defineltely be bigger on the max but I hate to say your probably going to need more then the stock 4000lbs. It really starts to come alive with 5,000lbs+.

Hope that makes sense, I am sure someone else can examine it better than me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

So the difference of the wake was incredible adding 4 more guys (6 guys 170-240) then saw some cute girls on a jet ski and brought along all 3 of them (reallllly liking this boat)

Used auto wake today and actually really liked it, watched the wake9 video again and used his settings. Didn’t realize riding portside should have been negative roll and kept trying to get it plus 1 but when I had the pitch at 9.5 it was beautiful

Still lacks some push and the actual width of the wave seems small the pocket wants to be just behind the boat but I think the potential is definitely there just didn’t have time to play with it more

Also yesterday we were having fun switching sides while surfing and the goofy side actually looked better however with auto wake on today it absolutely would not make a wave on the goofy side I’m sure I was doing something wrong.. this is my first boat and first V drive experience really but so far I’m loving it
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

What speed were you going?

Default 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post

It’s not only possible. It’s true. Most boats need a decent crew load or lead. Hard to get a surf boat to produce a killer wave with 1-2 crew on board.

No replacement for displacement and the bigger the boat, the more mass required to displace.

Take for example a max vs SA same size hulls.

Max is 4500# with 4000# ballast
    SA is 5800# with 3500# ballast

Out of the box, that is 800# difference in displacement. Assuming an SA can surf good with a light crew out of the box, the max would need 800# of crew or lead to compete.

Most would add 300-500# more lead to an SA.

However, I am sure the OP with practice and understanding will improve his stock wake immensely with time. But lead or crew will only help the wave.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-03-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    What speed were you going?
    Anywhere from 10.5-11.5 mph,

Really thinking of how I could add ballast because my truck didn't love the steep grades on the drive home haha
    Then again I think just 300lbs of lead would really help and would the truck even notice 300 more lbs???

This weekend was just the test weekend and I would only surf in short burst to not run the engine at a certain rpm for very long but soon I will have quite a large crew regularly and be on my normal smaller mountain lakes with deep glassy coves haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22