Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Fill everything 100%, and have 1000# of lead. Day one. Move the lead until you’re running 9.5 nose up, and enough list to clean it up at 11.4 and wakeplate zero with the surf plate on 60-70.

We need to see a good wave out of someone soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been frustrated with my 2021 Mojo surf wave since picking it up in March. The past weekend we had a break through that I probably should have noticed early but I'm a newbie and just didn't have the knowledge. The ballast bags had ALOT of air in them and I had not vented them so I was not getting anywhere close to full 4000 lbs of ballast. Looking back on it this was very obvious as the motor really wasn't working as hard as it should have been. So I vented the bags, ran the pumps until they shut off, the fill timer for the pumps was not long enough, so I turned the pumps off and back on to keep filling the bags (did this several times as the pumps kept shutting off for some reason) until they where really firm and full of water and overflowed out the sides of the boat.
    So now with a full ballast load, about 550lbs of people in the boat, and 1300 lbs of lead (250lbs under each rear bag, 250lbs just under seat just underneath the tower on each side, and 300lbs evenly distributed in the bow. Surfed on the port side with wake plate between 0 and 20 and surf tab at 40 with speed set at 11.2 mph the wave had a pushy pocket in the front of the wave, was sorta dead in the middle of the wave, and had another pushy pocket in the back of the wave which was nice to help recover (even with my lack of surfing skill). The wave was very surfable and fun and with adding another 500 to 600 lbs of ballast with the custom rear bags I think the wave will be fantastic....close to the amazing A24 and Supreme 232 surf waves that I've surfed.

Also...no AutoWake. I set everything manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Also.. Not having ANY success with autowake..

Trying to mirror the wake 9 pitch and roll settings (9 and -1.5) and it's dumping ballast non surf side and front like crazy.. like front is down to 50%.. results in a very pretty wave with zero push... beyond frustrated with it.

Yes, additional lead, yes, had a big crew.

Coming from a 18' Max that had an awesome wave and no autowake. If we could at least get it that good I'd be happy. I know it needs to be dialed in.. but so far no bueno. Getting seriously concerned.

All advanced, experienced surfers, we know what we are taking about .. so it's not beginners saying "no push"...

I guess next time we'll go old school and try without autowake and just go from there.

Is anyone having success with it at all on the mojo??
    Fill all your ballast 100%, turn on Autowake and use static mode to shift your lead till you hit your pitch and roll settings.

Turn off Autowake.

Fine tune with speed and surf tab. At this point you should be slammed and with AW off, there is no dumping of ballast.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I like the sound of that approach... will try next time I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Fill all your ballast 100%, turn on Autowake and use static mode to shift your lead till you hit your pitch and roll settings.

Turn off Autowake.

Fine tune with speed and surf tab. At this point you should be slammed and with AW off, there is no dumping of ballast.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I have been frustrated with my 2021 Mojo surf wave since picking it up in March. The past weekend we had a break through that I probably should have noticed early but I'm a newbie and just didn't have the knowledge. The ballast bags had ALOT of air in them and I had not vented them so I was not getting anywhere close to full 4000 lbs of ballast. Looking back on it this was very obvious as the motor really wasn't working as hard as it should have been. So I vented the bags, ran the pumps until they shut off, the fill timer for the pumps was not long enough, so I turned the pumps off and back on to keep filling the bags (did this several times as the pumps kept shutting off for some reason) until they where really firm and full of water and overflowed out the sides of the boat.
    So now with a full ballast load, about 550lbs of people in the boat, and 1300 lbs of lead (250lbs under each rear bag, 250lbs just under seat just underneath the tower on each side, and 300lbs evenly distributed in the bow. Surfed on the port side with wake plate between 0 and 20 and surf tab at 40 with speed set at 11.2 mph the wave had a pushy pocket in the front of the wave, was sorta dead in the middle of the wave, and had another pushy pocket in the back of the wave which was nice to help recover (even with my lack of surfing skill). The wave was very surfable and fun and with adding another 500 to 600 lbs of ballast with the custom rear bags I think the wave will be fantastic....close to the amazing A24 and Supreme 232 surf waves that I've surfed.
    Sounds awesome. If you pull the rear panel of the locker (4 screws) you can slide the sensor up the vent tube so it won’t shut off the pumps as quick. It won’t stop the need to manually vent the bag but Atleast will stop the need to keep flipping the switch on and off.

That’s with the sensor moved up quite a bit. It was closer to the pumps from the factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sleek98; 06-01-2021 at 10:47 PM.

For 2021 Mojo, (or any Moomba/Supra with the LCD's), would love to see a picture of a wave and then an accompanying picture of the settings from the LCD as a point of reference. Gives others a good idea of where you were at with tabs/wakeplate/speed/pitch/roll/amplitude/etc., all at a glance.

Specifically would be interested to see some shots of people able to get their potential and actual amplitude to 100%.

2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Ok... so now for the real question... does anyone know how to set the freaking clock on this thing? I've checked every menu under the sun! ��
    Clock is under map settings adjust gmt to your time zone

Took me a while to find it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture looks terrible but wave is waist high at least, grabbed this picture Memorial Day as soon as we got in the water, but it was to crowded to do any surfing (I think I swamped a few people just getting a few pictures) o
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post

Picture looks terrible but wave is waist high at least, grabbed this picture Memorial Day as soon as we got in the water, but it was to crowded to do any surfing (I think I swamped a few people just getting a few pictures) o
    Man! That wave looks like its a mile long!! That's awesome!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub