Thread: 2014 Mojo input

Default 2014 Mojo input

Hey group. Looking into a 2014 mojo and would like to know the pros and cons of this boat. I have an 07 LSV currently. My family is getting bigger/older and might have to upgrade to fit them.

Let me know all your thoughts on this boat.

Thanks.

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Hey there Richard - I upgraded from a 2013 LSV to a 2014 Mojo last summer... my family is big into wakesurfing with both my daughters competing so I wanted something bigger (that wouldn’t cost much more). No regrets! It’s a much bigger boat and I’ve got the wave dialed in now. It loves weight... the 2014 still doesn’t have surf tabs - so that is my big regret / I should have looked at 2015 instead to get the tabs. We surf with around 4000+ pounds when it’s just our family out...
    Any q’s let me know...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

somewhere around '14-'15 they redesigned the hull. look for a boat after the redesign if you primarily surf as the original hull wasn't great as a surf hull but was one of the best in skiers lineup for boarding. early hull will surf but later took less work and most said a better wave.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

2015 to today is the same Mojo hull at 23-feet. The 2012 through 2014 is the 22.5-foot hull. Like said above, I believe 2015's will have manual or auto surf tabs and 2016+ has auto tabs and then varying levels of other upgrades such as auto-wake beginning 2018 or backward compatible to 2017's I believe. I'm not up to speed on autowake as my 2017 doesn't have it.

We love our Mojo!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Thanks guys for all your input. I have read a lot on the forum about the weight and hull, but since it was 6 yrs ago, I was hoping for the ones with the 14 to have worked all the kinks out and have things dialed in.
    The one I am looking at has the manual tabs. I have a suck gate and mission that I have been using on my LSV. I think that the manuals will do the same thing?

Always great getting advice/information from everyone that has this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

I have the manual tabs and find the suckgate works much better. I'm experimenting with 2 suckgates ala surf.mode and will let you know how that works out. First test was pretty promising.

I run about 3600 lbs of ballast with a family of 3.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    I have the manual tabs and find the suckgate works much better. I'm experimenting with 2 suckgates ala surf.mode and will let you know how that works out. First test was pretty promising.

I run about 3600 lbs of ballast with a family of 3.
    Look forward to seeing how the 2
    Suckgates work out!! Let me know what works best and where in hull you put them...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

My 2015 had the autosurf 1.0. The 1.0 tabs were very small, so I installed the 2.0 tabs. Easy upgrade and huge difference.
    I would consider going up a year and looking at the autosurf for a couple more grand. I can't overstate how convenient it is to just flip a toggle and Voila! you're switching from regular to goofy surf in 3 secs. My buddy and I spent a lot of time practicing switching but couldn't do it without the rope. It requires perfect timing. Youtube guys make it look so easy.
    Anyway, it seems like a large investment but if you plan to keep the boat for 10years, then all that time enjoying the convenience of autosurf is totally worth it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost