Default Swim Platform - Brackets SUCK! Help

Hello,

I purchased my 2013 Moomba Outback V used from a private party in 2015. We love the boat and have it either on our dock or on a mooring in Lake Champlain VT. We have constant issues with the swim platform. The brackets attaching to the platform are very poorly designed with the drill hole being very close to the edge of the bracket. One brackets sheared off at that point last year. I ordered new ones from the dealer and they were extremely pricey and the holes didn't line up correctly. We had to take them to get the holes fixed.

This year one of the brackets attached to the boat has broken.

I am looking for OEM parts that fit these platforms or a better solution to attaching the platform.

I recognize that having the boat in the water and not on a lift adds additional stress to the platform (constant wave motion). Although I will say we are in a very quiet bay.

Does anyone have suggests? I have looked around on the web and I am coming up empty for Moomba specific information.

Thanks!

Default Swim Platform - Brackets SUCK! Help

I know when my boat is tied up at the dock the swim platform takes a pounding on each wave. So turn our boat around and have the nose pointing out into the water. Has made a huge difference.

As far as finding new hardware, maybe call Skiers Choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately we are in a very shallow water front. We can only keep the boat on the dock from May - mid July then we have to moor it further out.

I will call Skier's Choice.