Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba Max - Ballast Unresponsive

Need some help with this one. Went surfing this morning and everything was working perfectly. Drained bags and went and up for a while. Went back out to surf again got about half a mile before I noticed that the screen said that the port toggle was set to fill and the screen said the bag was at 100% (it wasnÂ’t, it was ~15-20%). Then tried to fill all bags and found them unresponsive. The toggles do light up when engaged. This is what I have tried so far:

1. Recycled all power
    2. Tripped the thermal breakers for the ballast (engine compartment) and the main (next to batteries)
    3. Checked individual fuses for each of the ballast sets
    4. Looked under the steering wheel for additional fuses for the toggles and found none.
    2019 Moomba MAX

Do your surf and wakeplate work? Mine did this last weekend. I had to remove the rear panel that covers the port ballast pump. There is a control module with positive and negative terminals. I unplugged them and that seemed to reset the pumps and tabs. Like yours my lights were lit as if the pumps were working but they were not running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've counted 5 people on the FB page that have had their ballast quit working, including mine, in the past three weeks. We all have had the relay box on port side replaced, they were fried/melted at the positive post. The toggle switch for your ballast is only linked to the timers on your screen. Mine would say it's 100 full but nothing was in the bag.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I've counted 5 people on the FB page that have had their ballast quit working, including mine, in the past three weeks. We all have had the relay box on port side replaced, they were fried/melted at the positive post. The toggle switch for your ballast is only linked to the timers on your screen. Mine would say it's 100 full but nothing was in the bag.

Was this covered in the warranty? Was or is this a recall item?
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Yup that was what happened to me as well. Dealer said this was the forth one that they have seen. And when you say “melted down”, you aren’t kidding. I have attached a picture but unfortunately it’s sideways and the forum wont let me upload it any larger than what it is.

This could have literally caught the boat on fire. Everyone needs to be aware of this and watch out for it but unfortunately, it’s hidden behind the port-side wall so most won’t ever see it.

E40C1D96-5E4B-4322-896C-B1A6DD77A7B1.jpg
    2019 Moomba MAX

Is this only happening on the Max? I will check my 2019 Mojo this weekend!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Max and mojo for sure...warranty issue
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I had the same problem with my ‘19 craz. Right rear ballast relay melted. Over a week to get parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldmike76 View Post
    I had the same problem with my ‘19 craz. Right rear ballast relay melted. Over a week to get parts.

You said "had", has the new relay held up ok without any modifications?
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

You said "had", has the new relay held up ok without any modifications?
    Sorry I didn’t clarify. I am waiting for parts. Mine would pump in but not out. The ground going into the relay box had melted.

For me summer is short so in 2 weeks it’s going in to be winterized so The relay will be replaced then. In the meantime I will use the tsunami pump to fill that bag.