Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Congrats on the new boat, looks like a nice build. Use the search button and you will find endless threads on the Max and all the mods/upgrades people have done. This is probably the best place to start.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....urder-Max-Mods
    Excellent, thanks for the reference!

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    We plan on ordering a new Max ourselves...For many years we had a Moomba Mobius LSV, sold that and was boatless for a couple years, then we bought a new 19 Yamaha AR210 jet boat (sold it today...it was a nice boat, but I just didnt like the high revving jet engine drives- Miss a V-8 engine )

We are going all black with a tan interior..
    Completely agree! At WOT the Vortex was at 8000 RPMs consistently. Although I'm sure that's normal for that boat, it made for a very loud boat at WOT. When we test drove this Max I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet this boat was. Congrats on your sale...strike while the iron is hot and boy is the iron hot for selling a boat this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    Seems like we have similar taste, here’s our 2021 SA build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gorgeous boat / build. Personally I wanted the tan interior but my wife didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Congrats on the new Max!!! Waiting til November is going to seem like an eternity!
    So here's the worst part about it. Our original delivery was late April early May. We put 10% down on the boat but want a little more time to put down another $20K. Since we're not going to be using the boat until around that time anyway, I figured that would give us some time to get another $20K together and put down a proper 30% down payment on this boat at pick up. Well our dealer (Tige, Supra, Moomba dealer) said they still had 2 slots left for Moomba orders for 2020. He said he'd rather use his 2 2020 slots than begin to use his 2021 slots so he's ordering the boat now for November delivery and holding it in his indoor warehouse until we're ready for pickup. In Southern California indoor storage is rare and comes at a premium so although we'll have access to see the boat, we're really not picking it up until April/May.

wow. I couldn't wait 10 months to get it....

assume in socal you are using germaine marine. if you used Jason, he's a good cat.
    we were looking at a kaiyen and he told us the same november delivery 3 weeks ago.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    wow. I couldn't wait 10 months to get it....

assume in socal you are using germaine marine. if you used Jason, he's a good cat.
    we were looking at a kaiyen and he told us the same november delivery 3 weeks ago.
    Yup, Germaine Marine. We dealt with Chase, very little with Jason. Buying experience was top notch. We bought our Chap from Tilly's Marine right down the street in 2017 and the buying experience wasn't nearly as good. Not only did they stop supporting our boat a year into our ownership but they had zero options for warranty related issues a year into ownership. Basically leaving us to drive 5-6 hours to Boulder or Visalia for warranty claims. Germaine Marine has been top notch...very pleased with our service so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ya, I get it
    ours is likely trekking across nebraska right now. eta is monday afternoon. we hope anyway.......
    If it’s in Nebraska, I could do a test drive for you before you get it. Work out the kinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    If it’s in Nebraska, I could do a test drive for you before you get it. Work out the kinks!
    just leave the tank full and enjoy
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats and you will love the Max especially with the newer upgrades for 2021!

We had a Yamaha jet boat prior to our Max and while it was a fun and zippy boat, once we got bit by the surf bug it was game over. The throaty V8 is sooo much easier on the ears than the high revving jet boats!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Congrats and you will love the Max especially with the newer upgrades for 2021!

We had a Yamaha jet boat prior to our Max and while it was a fun and zippy boat, once we got bit by the surf bug it was game over. The throaty V8 is sooo much easier on the ears than the high revving jet boats!!
    Thanks! Do you have the ultra blue metallic scheme on your boat? That's the color we ordered but I'd like to see some pictures of it on an actual boat....