Default 2008 Outback V Speedometer Quit Working. Looking to update to GPS speedometer

My last lake trip my speedometer was not working. Seemed to work fine the prior trip. Spent a fair amount of time online today trying to figure out how to troubleshoot the speedometer and paddle wheel sending unit but don't find much on them. I suspect it's related to the Airmar just port side of the transmission but am not sure how to test that and the speedometer with a meter. Anyone have any ideas? At the lake I checked all the connections under the dash that service the speedometer and dash and they seemed fine. I was going to check the connection at the Airmar but it looked like it was hard wired from that unit (sending unit with the paddle wheel) into the bilge and up the hull to somewhere in the front of the boat. Does anyone know if there a Deutsch connector close to the unit and I just should have looked harder, or is it hard wired? Where does that cable run to? Under the dash or to the perfect pass? I couldn't find anything like it under the dash but did not look at the perfect pass. Anyone know how to test the speedometer (it's stock and looks to be a Faria analog) with a meter?

I am thinking of upgrading to GPS via the Nautic Laugic GPS Upgrade for Moomba boats but would like to make sure it's not my speedometer before doing that.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

There is a connector near the paddle wheel sensor. It’s very sensitive to the slightest bit of corrosion. Had to clean mine that’s how I know. Follow the wires up about a foot or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Turbine, I will dig a little deeper near the paddle wheel next time I am at the lake and hopefully find it. Appreciate the input!