Default Surf setup on 19' mondo

Looking for suggestions to get my surf setup correct on my Mondo. Currently have 900lbs in each rear locker, 500 bow, and 500 midship including 200lbs of lead.

I am not using autowake at the present time, just looking for a wave with good push. Any suggestions on setup?

I got close the other day with 100% in filled on the surf side, 90% on nonsurf side and 60% up front. Lead is scattered and thats what is confusing me. Should it be in the surf lockers? up front? Surf tab at 80%

Usually have a smaller crew - 3 adults. Looking for where i should be on pitch & roll (can use autowake to determine) Please help.

I was able to drop the rope, but only for a bit, i found it hard and had to work the board constantly to stay on the wake. one small mistake and i couldn't recover.
    2019 Mondo

I have found more weight up front lengthens the wave but you need to increase speed a little. I have a 19 helix I have wakemakers 1030s in rear with 100lbs lead in each locker (underneath bags). I have integrated bow sac and also fill a 800 lb manual bag which I leave on floor towards the rear. I’d suggest a little more ballast, I find it unnecessary to bias surf side with extra weight (except for beginners). For people struggling with keeping the wave I put 150# lead in bow and 150 in rear seats (surf side) and run at 11.1. For more experienced riders I sometimes move the 150 to front and run at 12.1 for the longer wave. Always a trade off between length and push though.

thanks BCH

i currently have 1000 lbs surf side, 850 non surf side and 550 in bow, 500 mid. I found running at 9.6 mph gives me the steepest wave with most push.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    thanks BCH

i currently have 1000 lbs surf side, 850 non surf side and 550 in bow, 500 mid. I found running at 9.6 mph gives me the steepest wave with most push.
    9.6 is way too slow. You’d be surfing right off the swim platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I think your speedo is out of whack...i would download the app on your phone to test. Here was my setup:

1) Regular Surf Side
    a. Fill em all to 100%(IBS, mid ship, both rear)
    b. move all your lead surf side under the seat.(I ran 500 lbs)
    c. I think my surf tab was at 60 or 65.
    d. Speed was usually 10.7-10.9 depending on rider
    e. Usually Wakeplate was 15-30 depending on the rider.

2. Goofy
    a. Fill em all to 100%(IBS, mid ship, both rear) - After filling them I would empty ~300 lbs out of non surf side rear.
    c. I think my surf tab was at 65 or 70
    d. Speed was usually 11.1 - 11.3 depending on rider

It made a great wave with that setup. When I had less than 5 people on the boat though I would fill the old 650 lbs bag and put it on the floor infront of the rear bench seat.

It seems like overkill...but it made a big difference on push and length of the wave. The mondo needs close to 4000 lbs to pop and make a great wave. I moved up to a Mojo this winter and my mondo had a bigger pocket than the stock bags in my Mojo.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    I think your speedo is out of whack...i would download the app on your phone to test. Here was my setup:

1) Regular Surf Side
    a. Fill em all to 100%(IBS, mid ship, both rear)
    c. I think my surf tab was at 60 or 65.
    d. Speed was usually 10.7-10.9 depending on rider

2. Goofy
    a. Fill em all to 100%(IBS, mid ship, both rear) - After filling them I would empty ~300 lbs out of non surf side rear.
    c. I think my surf tab was at 65 or 70
    d. Speed was usually 11.1 - 11.3 depending on rider

It made a great wave with that setup. When I had less than 5 people on the boat though I would fill the old 650 lbs bag and put it on the floor infront of the rear bench seat.

It seems like overkill...but it made a big difference on push and length of the wave. The mondo needs close to 4000 lbs to pop and make a great wave. I moved up to a Mojo this winter and my mondo had a bigger pocket than the stock bags in my Mojo.
    thanks.. going to try some things this afternoon. I could get 1100lbs in the surf side locker, 850 in the non surf and will try that. May try to run my tab a bit more since i have a little less weight.
    2019 Mondo

I’m sure you’re probably aware but just a reminder you always need 15’-20’ depth for a decent wave.