Default 2000 Moomba Mobius V Help

Looking to buy this boat, any thoughts on the price, things I should be asking etc.? Had an initial conversation with the owner, seems to be a stand up guy. Any help appreciated, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...17686589459226

Chris

I guess no MOOMBA for me!

Just saw this - what happened - sold?

For that condition I would say no. Maybe $15k. Looks like some interior has either been replaced or kept in much better shape than the rest of it. But you're looking at a total overhaul there and easily $4-5k. The tower is a huge improvement over the factory swingset looking junk. Has PerfectPass - that is a must. The engine and bilge look pretty sad to me.

Any cracks around the swim platform mounts? Tower mounts? Windshield supports? Playpen supports in the front?
    Last edited by bergermaister; 07-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I think $20,000 is well over what the boat is worth. Even though Mobius brings a little more in terms of value, earlier this year I paid 5,000 less for a 04 Outback with ballasts installed and only 212 hours. One of the guys at the marina where I get gas has an 04 Mobius with around 400 hours that he is about to list for 14-15,000 after the interior is finished being redone.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

It is what people are willing to pay. A hot market equals hot prices. I sold my 98 Mobius DD two years ago for $17,000 which is the price I paid 16 years prior and that buyer came over 200 miles to buy it. So it takes that one person.

If you want to get a boat cheap then get one that you can redo the interior yourself. Great winter project.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD