Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here’s what I did on the side dock. Makes it easy to pull up and throw the bungees on if we are coming in for lunch or fill the cooler. No need to mess with bumpers or dock lines.

I’ll take some pics of a few of my storage solutions to share later today.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Congrats on your little one!

Yea I believe they call those a “dock wheel” and should do the job. I looked into them but the ones I found online didn’t have the best reviews for longevity. Here’s some pics:

Bow bumper:

Here’s what I did on the side dock. Makes it easy to pull up and throw the bungees on if we are coming in for lunch or fill the cooler. No need to mess with bumpers or dock lines.

I’ll take some pics of a few of my storage solutions to share later today.
    Your setup looks great!! The rollers I am speaking of aren't dock wheels as I saw those on google. I will try to find a picture of them today and post it up. Great idea for the side of your dock too!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Life jacket storage above the board rack, bought these hangers: New! Life Jacket Hanger, Storage- Life Preserver, Life Vest Hanger & Storage, Life Jacket Dryer, Drying Rack, Drying Hangers (Set of 5 Hangers); Boating Hanger & Storage (Black (Set of 10)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFPV23H..._PFbjFbFBKPPVP

Put these up for hanging wet life jackets: Laundry Hanger Dryer Rack Folding Wall Mount Clothes Hanger Laundry Room Clothes Hanger Wall Mounted Clothes Hanger Black Wall Hangers for Clothes Stainless Steel Laundry Hangers Wall Mount 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VYNMRM..._aJbjFbAXS31F0

I put a killer (but fairly inexpensive) stereo on the dock complete with 12” sub too, and sent WiFi down to it from the house so we can use an echo dot to control the music. No telling how many times my dad has told Alexa to play “pontoon” this summer lol. Even the kids enjoy DJing. I’ll take some pics of the stereo setup this weekend.
    2018 Murder Max

Life jacket storage above the board rack, bought these hangers: New! Life Jacket Hanger, Storage- Life Preserver, Life Vest Hanger & Storage, Life Jacket Dryer, Drying Rack, Drying Hangers (Set of 5 Hangers); Boating Hanger & Storage (Black (Set of 10)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFPV23H..._PFbjFbFBKPPVP

Put these up for hanging wet life jackets: Laundry Hanger Dryer Rack Folding Wall Mount Clothes Hanger Laundry Room Clothes Hanger Wall Mounted Clothes Hanger Black Wall Hangers for Clothes Stainless Steel Laundry Hangers Wall Mount 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VYNMRM..._aJbjFbAXS31F0

I put a killer (but fairly inexpensive) stereo on the dock complete with 12” sub too, and sent WiFi down to it from the house so we can use an echo dot to control the music. No telling how many times my dad has told Alexa to play “pontoon” this summer lol. Even the kids enjoy DJing. I’ll take some pics of the stereo setup this weekend.
    Those hangers are awesome! I will definitely be picking some of those up! I am really torn on how I want to store our boards though. I am putting them in the closet off of the garage so I have room to do horizontal racks but a vertical one like yours definitely takes up less room.

I am having to plan everything out on the boat house now as the structure is all steel so adding things later on will be a little more difficult. I am having my contractor weld on pieces of 3" flat bar where I am wanting to locate things like your drying rack. I am already doing this for 2 retractable extension cord reels for charging the boats as well as the fans I am putting down there so if you have any other convenient things like that I appreciate the input. I am just trying to get it all covered so it turns out very clean.

That is awesome about your sound system on your Boat House!! I am really hoping our wifi will make it out to ours because I am planning to use a Sonos unit down there for music and my cameras will be on wifi too. Did you have to do anything special to get your wifi out there? I am planning to use the Nest Wifi Router and Points to try to get mine to reach.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

All steel?! That is legit!

I used a linksys re6500hg WiFi extender on the back porch of the house, and then hooked a Remo WiFi antenna to one of the antenna ports on the back and pointed it towards the dock. Probably not as good as a point to point setup would be but this gets us by. I also used the same antenna on the security camera on the dock to send that signal to the house.

2018 Murder Max

All steel?! That is legit!

I used a linksys re6500hg WiFi extender on the back porch of the house, and then hooked a Remo WiFi antenna to one of the antenna ports on the back and pointed it towards the dock. Probably not as good as a point to point setup would be but this gets us by. I also used the same antenna on the security camera on the dock to send that signal to the house.

Ya I would say 95% if all of the boat houses on our lake are steel just the way the 2 builders do them. I am sure they have their reasoning but we didn’t ask.

Okay that is all good to know on the wifi do you happen know or have a guess as to the linear distance between the back of your house/patio and your dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

So a little update here... the boat house is almost complete!! There are a few little finishing touches they are having to do from our punch list but i would say we are 95% done!! Got the boats put up this weekend and it definitely feels great!! I still have a few little projects of my own to complete like mounting my extension cord reels for charging, putting up the fan and speakers, installing the fishing lights, installing the shock protection system and trimming out the closet with shelves for some storage. But here are a few pics from this weekend.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

The wifi was strong enough from the house to just add another mesh point on the boat house and get the camera set up

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Congrats on your little one!

Yea I believe they call those a “dock wheel” and should do the job. I looked into them but the ones I found online didn’t have the best reviews for longevity. Here’s some pics:
    Here is a pic of the rollers we ended up with. I am considering a second set of smaller diameter ones for the next post in but we will see. For the time being I just ordered a set of post bumpers to see how I like them for inside the slip. We don’t have any good spots other than posts for bumpers bc on occasion in the winter the north wind can kick up a decent chop and will just knock any lower boards off so our contractor doesn’t even install them.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I like your steel piles. I think it looks much cleaner than having everything done out of wood. Very nice!

Not having the lower boards below the deck of the boat house can be a huge pain as the boat can try to go under the dock. No boat houses on Livingston have them but every boat house on Conroe does. I never could figure out why. We added two 2x12s to my father in laws boat house on one side so I tie up to the side and have something for the bumpers to push off of.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD