Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So me giving the details of how the thing has been setup and ran. Followed by directly asking for opinions on how the setup was beyond what the boat should be doing was ignored and instead every single response had been directly attacking me personally based off zero actual information?

I wasn’t arguing a point it seeking validation for some
    Agenda I am pushing. Good grief. Stupid me was expecting responses like “yeah, that’s probably beyond the V-drive stress limits and shouldn’t continue the current setup/use”. Or maybe someone having ran similar setups each and every year and had no issues. Or maybe a couple people saying here is indications of X or W and this is why Z may become an issue.

But nope. Not one thing remotely close.

To be fair you at least did acknowledge the existence of her concern but still offered zero actual comments on the machine/load/potential Issues or suggestion. So yeah. I’ll go away like you suggest. I guess the sharing of knowledge is something this group would prefer to not be willing to do. As if I’ve pulled up to your elk camp and asked to tell me where you’ve been seeing them

Nope wrong. When on her boat I’ve always done it the way her dad wanted it done and I’ve not swayed from his preference a single bit. I’m actually very aware of her feelings and Everytime on the boat I’ve made sure his presence and expectations have been consistent. I would tend to an issue with That boat long before anything with my equipment and I’ve always tried to make sure she knows I’m right there to be those other set of eyes to protect it from ANY damage or abuse. I care and love this woman as a sister and her little girl doesn’t have a dad at all. I love that little girl as my own.

We are a family and nobody is going to tell me
    I’m some free loading asshole who doesn’t give a shit about any member of our clan.

The only subject I “try to convince her of” is to not run ethanol gas in it. Other than that I have done nothing of the sort.

Wanted to gather some information from what I assumed would be a knowledgeable group of folks. I don’t know everything there is to know but I am always willing to learn as much as possible.

The outback is a wakeboard and ski boat correct?

What is the rated capacity and are you exceeding it?

Technically I would say by loading the boat and trying to make a non surf boat surf well is straining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

It’s more of a Wakeboarding boat.

Capacity is listed at 1480#. If all the kids are with us and the sacks are full it works out to be 1300# +/- 50#. Thats with three sacks full to the brim which isn’t really possible then store the life jackets, rope bag and some towels in the rear compartments. The ballast system is from the manufacture and hasn’t been changed at all since Dave (her father) bought the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Central Oregon View Post
    It’s more of a Wakeboarding boat.

Capacity is listed at 1480#. If all the kids are with us and the sacks are full it works out to be 1300# +/- 50#. Thats with three sacks full to the brim which isn’t really possible then store the life jackets, rope bag and some towels in the rear compartments. The ballast system is from the manufacture and hasn’t been changed at all since Dave (her father) bought the boat.
    Then you should be fine.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

man, what a thread....
    have to agree with the og's. her boat, her rules. don't like it? don't go. female emotions/sentiment can be a funny thing and if you are looking for a fight or lose a friend, keep arguing with HER on HER boat. it doesn't matter how she is using it and what her perceptions are of the boat.

I can speak from experience as our 1999 ford f250 superduty was the one posession my gf's mom loved. she got it when her mom passed of cancer in '14. she was extremely particular initially on what it could and could not do and who could drive it. fast forward 6 years later and I think I'm the only one that has drove it in the last 2 years.
    healing takes time....

let her say no to surfing and she will change eventually and if not, remember IT'S STILL HER BOAT....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    man, what a thread....
    have to agree with the og's. her boat, her rules. don't like it? don't go. female emotions/sentiment can be a funny thing and if you are looking for a fight or lose a friend, keep arguing with HER on HER boat. it doesn't matter how she is using it and what her perceptions are of the boat.

I can speak from experience as our 1999 ford f250 superduty was the one posession my gf's mom loved. she got it when her mom passed of cancer in '14. she was extremely particular initially on what it could and could not do and who could drive it. fast forward 6 years later and I think I'm the only one that has drove it in the last 2 years.
    healing takes time....

let her say no to surfing and she will change eventually and if not, remember IT'S STILL HER BOAT....
    THIS^^^^^^

I think we understood this as this young lady losing her Dad and having an emotional attachment to the boat and doing what she understands as preserving it as best she can.

OP, sorry for your loss, I wish you well as your family deals with this loss.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Central Oregon View Post
    Born and raised right here dumb fuck
    Nice having a local as a servant. A lot of rich people to work for. Surprise your friend with a new boat of your liking.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD