Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2006 outback lsv

So my wifeÂ’s best friend who is basically part of our family. her dad died at a young age about five years ago and his boat was left to her. clean boat itÂ’s been very well taken care from day one and IÂ’mAlways trying to be helpful with the little things that need attention. Plumber from the manufacture for three sacks, two rear, (I believe they’re 350) in the back and one bag in the ski locker as well. we rarely have more than four adults on the boat with the six kids between us who are 2 years to 11Years. Couple years ago was able to talk her into a lower pitch prop that works better for surfing as far as motor RPMs, the wave it makes, and have minimal side listing. Surf side water usually is 1”-2” below the rub rail. zero issues literally zero issues with the wave, the motor, the ability to have some
    Fun. We went Surfing the other day and for whatever reason today I get a long text from her telling me how she doesnÂ’t want to surf behind the boat anymore, it was her dads boat and it’s too much strain on the boat. She thinks we’re ruining it by doing that because 15 years ago when it was made people werent surfing behind these boats.. keep in mind RPMs are on the middle Of the rpm range. We run anywhere from 10 to 12mph. we don’t have any additional snacks other than the ones that came with the boat from the factory and we have a small wake makers plate for the opposite side. water doesnÂ’t go above the rub rail. But she is convinced its putting too much strain on the boat.
    I have yet to have a face to face talk with her (sheÂ’s single and doesnÂ’t date) about what i feel would be considered a strain on the boat vs. her fears of causing whatever major damage it’s doing having the bags filled, myself 180lbs and the two of them both are 130lbs.

Meanwhile she will happily tow kids on the tubes without a second thought. Sometimes three, 3 person sit downs full of kids. She scoffs at putting clear gas in it but has now declared no more surfing because if we keep doing it her 3 year old daughter wonÂ’t have her dads boat to have fun on when sheÂ’s in high school. 12 years from now. She also makes decent money and has a fairly stable net worth after her dads accident. If a shaft bearing went out she isn’t going to be boat poor. That said Im not going to sit back and not give my thoughts If I felt we were being hard on the boat.

Any thoughts on the fear of “too much strain” on the boats integrity based off the information I’ve detailed above would be appreciated please?

Thank you

Her boat her rules. If you don't like her rules stay off her boat and buy your own boat. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Default 2006 outback lsv

No kidding, but your own boat.

It obviously means more to her and her reasons can be whatever she wants them to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Not needing a lesson on ethics or to be told how to use basic respect.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    No kidding, but your own boat.

It obviously means more to her and her reasons can be whatever she wants them to be.

I WAS REACHING OUT TO THIS GROUP OF FOLKS TO SEE IF ANYONE HAD THOUGHTS REGARDING THE MACHINE BEING USED IN A WAY BEYOND ITS STRUCTURAL AND DESIGN CAPABILITIES BASED OFF THE DETAILS I HAD PROVIDED. MY HOPE IN PUTTING THIS POST ON HERE WAS TO GATHER A POOL OF OPINIONS FROM OTHER BOAT OWNERS EXPERIENCES. IM A 40 year old man and have had snow machines, boats, dirbikes since the day i moved away from home.
    Also been in the excavation industry for 15 years and I feel I’ve got somewhat of a clue as to how machines respond when being abused.

. .

I HAVE MY OWN BOAT and I don’t need a lecture telling me “her boat her rules.”

Default 2006 outback lsv

Triggered much?

Using the forum to argue your point is kinda BS. Maybe your free ride is over.
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-21-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wow. My free ride? Trying to help is and had Always been how I have operated.

Clearly this forum isn’t interested in even attempting to respond to the actual question I had asked. Apparently attacking me on a personal level is how you all role. “Your free ride is over”. You say this based on what information? . So I’ll repeat for the friendly bunch you’ve shown to be. I have my own boat. It works fine. My friends have boats. My in-laws have boats. We all have boats and it’s silly that instead of actual responses I’ve been accused of being a freeloader with no respect for other people’s property?

Cool forum guys. Hope your inclusive internet club gets you off better than your sister does.

Yo Bend dude. Go back to Portland where you can ride your bike naked on the streets. If I go off roading down there and see a Yugo on the trails, I know it is you. Use the boat for which it is intended for.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Born and raised right here dumb fuck

I understood your question and I understand her concerns. If you don't give a fuk about your so called family then go away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think if you reread your original post, this clearly is more about your friend no longer wanting to use her boat to surf and to hold onto a boat that clearly means a lot to her.

You going off will never be tolerated being a 2 post newb.

Are you working the shit out of that boat to surf, YES!!

The point to the original response was simple. Her boat, why try to convince her?

You have now identified that you have your own boat to surf behind, why rag on her boat?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan