Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    How hard would it be the retro fit the subfloor hard bow ballast in the new mojo to an 2018?
    If it is true subfloor ballast, I believe they would have to split the boat at the rubrail and put it in under the top cap. Just a guess, I havent been to the factory to see how they make the boats.

On a side note, does Moomba have any boats with true subfloor ballast? The Max and Kaiyen that I walked through at the dealer I could lift seats or bins and see the ballast bags. I havent had the pleasure of seeing a Supra in person, but my understanding is they have true subfloor ballast. I have been on G and GS nautique and that is what I think of with subfloor ballast. When you open any compartments or seats the there is no visible ballast bags.

I think the Supra and moomba newer sub floor ballast are bags only.

Previous ballast was a combo of subfloor hard tanks and plug and play locker bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Are all Supra models true subfloor ballast? By true subfloor I mean you cannot see any abgs when you open the compartments or seats. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get in and crawl around one.

Both the Max and Kaiyen I was in I could see the bags when I opened the rear compartments. I dont understand how that is considered subfloor. Can anyone clarify this?

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Are all Supra models true subfloor ballast? By true subfloor I mean you cannot see any abgs when you open the compartments or seats. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get in and crawl around one.

Both the Max and Kaiyen I was in I could see the bags when I opened the rear compartments. I dont understand how that is considered subfloor. Can anyone clarify this?
    All Supra’s now other than SR.

The storage floors were raised and I believe there are only bags under the floor.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Or.....
    you can look at it this way. If you put 100$ down in long term growth stocks, contribute an extra 58$/month, if you average a conservative 4% return /yr, you will have 21,322.00$ after 20years.

I'm sure there are investments out there that will give a slightly higher yield and still be fairly safe, but, I'm not a financial planner, so, who knows.

Hmmm, when I turn 70, I can buy 2 thrusters!!
    Unfortunately you have not accounted for inflation and the annual price jump of marine equipment and recreational vehicles. I would estimate that in
    20 years, your $21,322.00 will net you a spare tire option on your 2041 Supra SA order.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    All Supra’s now other than SR.

The storage floors were raised and I believe there are only bags under the floor.

Thanks, Larry

Flake has been very popular for years.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post

So there is no hard floor over the rear bags? Do they just have those plastic trays over the bag?

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    So there is no hard floor over the rear bags? Do they just have those plastic trays over the bag?

Correct.. everyone says sub floor, it would be more proper to say concealed
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Correct.. everyone says sub floor, it would be more proper to say concealed
    That is what subfloor means in my mind. There is a dealer in Akron, Ohio near my in-laws, that carries Nautique and Moomba. When I look in the rear compartments of a G23 and a Max, the Max has deeper rear compartments (this is in the showroom). But, when you are out on the lake and fill the ballast the entire G23 rear compartment is still available with ballast full, whereas the Max compartment looses a lot of space as the bags fill with ballast.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a Supra at any of the boat shows and there are no dealers near me. It is my understanding from this thread that the Supra is like the G23 where the ballast is all subfloor not just hidden by trays. But, I look forward to the day I can crawl around the inside of one and check it out. They have great reviews so I am sure they are awesome vessels.