Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Great thread. Lots of great info on engine performance and effect of altitude on power. I'm glad I brought up the age old topic about altitude, turbos and SC's.

Now, question #2:

I have a lawnmower, a Toro, B&S engine, that just keeps sputtering, and .......
    you should dump the Toro and get a Honda.

My input on the engine stuff. We have a 19 Mondo with the 400. It is small than you all are talking about. most of our use is at 5600'. surfing we have about 4800# plus people. current prop is what ever the upgrade prop is. (next step is to upgrade this) surfing is fine and about 3400 rpm. pulls up fine. it will really struggle to get over 15-18 mph when loaded, if it does get there.

wakeboarding we drop ballast down, we are not superstars. although we have had some with us and the wake is fine for them.

when we go to Lake Powell at 3600' there is a huge difference in the pull, with everything else the same.

for the $ upgrade, i do not think i would take it.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Great thread. Lots of great info on engine performance and effect of altitude on power. I'm glad I brought up the age old topic about altitude, turbos and SC's.

Now, question #2:

I have a lawnmower, a Toro, B&S engine, that just keeps sputtering, and .......
    How do you find the 400 with the 1.76 Transmission to be in your new SL? what is your ballast setup and crew size? What prop are you running?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    How do you find the 400 with the 1.76 Transmission to be in your new SL? what is your ballast setup and crew size? What prop are you running?
    I have not felt it lacking in power. I boat at a local lake at 1100ft elev and at gull lake mostly at <1200ft. I do not use AW. Fill everything 100% and port side tab at 85%. WP depends on rider, I'm 185 and have WP at 25-30%, might bring it down to 50% for my 12 y/o son. Speed 12 mph. I do have 200lbs only of lead in the back lockers. Crew, usually 7-8, mix of adults, teens and pre-teens. I initially had planned to get 600# of bags, my dealer only had 4 bags in stock and was going to order more. The wave has so much push and length I decided I didn't need it. My setup is not soo impressive, pretty stock, but works and the boat has no problems pulling a surfer or 5 tubers. I have the standard 16x17 prop. I thought I'd upgrade to the 15pitch, but haven't felt I needed it, I will get it as a second spare. It cruises at 41 mph. So, I can have my cake and eat it too. I will eventually get some more lead, just for the heck of it. Wave can always be longer, and maybe then I'll feel the need for upgraded prop
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost