Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Max upgrade settings

I know this is different for all circumstances and what each individual is looking for, but I have put in the Max upgrade from wave makers. Still considering using old bags mid-ship instead of ones from wave makers, but right now I am just using the upgrade. Its a 2019 Max.

I have been messing around with it and its a huge difference than stock, however, I feel I am still close to the hull and was hoping to have my ideal push further back. Sometimes I feel I have it dialed in, until I ride (not my kids) and the push is there, but not really there. Still better closer to the hull.

Port is my side. the best I have so far as far as a set up is. Port ballast 100 / Center 90 / Stbd 60. Port plat 0/ center plate 100 / stbd plate 65

What are others doing for their ideal set up with a Max upgrade?

(2) 1200lbs rear / (2) midship 540 lbs / Center 1000lbs. 11.3spd

Thank you...and again I realize this is a pretty opinionated question.....but it might give me other ideas to try

D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Not sure if you mean center plate 100 or 0. Center plate at 100 would produce a washy wave I would think.

I have similar ballast plus some lead. I run everything at 100%, port and center plates at 0, starboard plate 45, speed 11.5. Pretty huge consistent wave, can recover from really far back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

You need bow weight. Ideally 500#s
    2019' Moomba Max

thank you all
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Not sure if you mean center plate 100 or 0. Center plate at 100 would produce a washy wave I would think.

I have similar ballast plus some lead. I run everything at 100%, port and center plates at 0, starboard plate 45, speed 11.5. Pretty huge consistent wave, can recover from really far back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did this set up yesterday....or pretty close....few adjustments, but 100% weight all around. Best push I have had so far and wave was big. I could save from 15ft behind boat.....big difference...thank you. I will continue to tweek it on and off, but its a great start!

DNIXD99.....I put people in the front.....came out to about 400lbs or so.....made a difference as well. Sort of a sticky situation there.....I don't want to do lead (my back and storage) and I don't want bags up there (my wife is already annoyed about me taking midship space away) So I guess people is what I will have to do.

Thank you both for the feedback. I have to say, I always thought the list was the way to go....didn't think full bags all around would be a option. I am curious as to what most people do these days.

Thanks again!
    D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    I am curious as to what most people do these days.

D
    This is what I do.

All ballast full, and I usually have a little lead I move around to help hit my numbers. I usually run a light crew. If I more than 3 people Ill take the lead out, and just move people around. I pretty much have it down tho. 1 test run, and I know exactly where to move the lead to.
    2019' Moomba Max

What prop are you running? I am close to that weight, but it feels like the engine is working too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpwa View Post
    What prop are you running? I am close to that weight, but it feels like the engine is working too hard.
    Acme 2419
    3700-4100 RPMs depending on water conditions. I usually run 2-4 crew. I run all ballast full, and I have 300#s of lead Ill move around to make adjustments. If more than 4 people tho, Ill take the lead out.

I had a 2493, and it was a beast, but it ran in the 4500 RPM range. Really didnt see the need to burn more gas, unless I did a lot of wakeboarding. Also, the wake was way too big for us novice wakeboarders LOL. We rarely wakeboard, but when we do, I pull around 50%
    2019' Moomba Max

Y’all notice that goofy side runs lower rpms as well? Full ballast for me (5100#s) plus 1-2 folks and I’m at 3300rpm goofy with OJ945 but 3500-3600rpm normal side. Same speed ~11.3mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Y’all notice that goofy side runs lower rpms as well? Full ballast for me (5100#s) plus 1-2 folks and I’m at 3300rpm goofy with OJ945 but 3500-3600rpm normal side. Same speed ~11.3mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm I'll have to remember and check next time we are out if the revs drop. My wife is goofy but just now trying to get her to be able to get up. I tried to get up on the goofy side and laughed at how awkward it felt to me. I'd like to learn to ride it backside because the goofy wave always has a nicer curl to it than regular side.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold