Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks guys, appreciate all the input. I'm going to pass on both. Never boat on a river and the standard cruise will be just fine. I'm with Isaguel, love the sound of the exhaust and the smell has almost never been an issue sitting of the back of the boat or surfing. Just saved myself $1,600
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

if you boat on a river paddlewheel is the preferred. our last boat had gps and when boating on the fox river we had to change speed settings when surfing depending on whether going up or down stream.
    gps can be more precise and no moving parts but on a river or moving body of water speed will be different at same setting going up or down stream.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

River riding, you DO NOT WANT GPS. You want true over the water speed - which a paddlewheel gives you - not ground speed that GPS will give you. Surfing downstream on a river with 1mph current and GPS will indicate your ground speed (including 1pmh current), so you're actually making the wave of your set speed - (minus) river current and totally screw up your wave.

When you order GPS speed control the paddlewheel is still in the boat, unfortunately the Moomba software doesn't give you access to it. In the Supras it's called "River Mode" - i believe that feature is still there.

The reason that I went with GPS is because paddlewheels need re-calibration sometimes. In my experience, more often when you do a lot of towing - which i do. If you read the manual, you're supposed to put a little cap (included with the manuals and stuff) over the paddlewheel when trailering. GPS is spot on all the time. as long as your water isn't moving. My dealer made the same recommendation though, but i disagree.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Has anyone ever upgraded after from paddle wheel to GPS after? I have a mondo that we surf and slalom behind, but I have to set the paddle wheel to be accurate at one of those speeds. Plus even against the gps on my phone my surfing speed fluctuates. We’re only on a lake, water speed isn’t really an issue.

Wondering if adding one of these would be beneficial.
    http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr_2020_packages.html