Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need thoughts on GPS cruise control and surf pipe

So i met with my dealer yesterday and we are going to get a Craz ordered. There are 2 options i was planing on ordering but my sales guys kind of said he would not order them and save the money which surprised me.

GPS cruise control. He said it is ok but that the oem cruise is really pretty good and if he was going to spend money on a cruise control he thought that perfect pass is better. Any thoughts on this? We use our oem cruise control on our 13 year old LSV for surfing mainly and it works pretty good. I'm sure the new oem is even better. Is the gps option worth $800?

Surf pipe. Surprisingly he said he doesn't think it quiets down the noise a ton ( a little, but not a huge difference) and he said it throws a little rooster tail when skiing. We don't have one on our boat now and have never thought it was that big of a problem surfing. Everyone once in a while you smell a little exhaust but it's not bad without it. I was totally planning on getting it but now i'm not sure. Your thoughts?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Get the pipe. Makes a big difference in noise and stink from the exhaust.

I’d get the GPS Cruise Control ONLY if that options then includes GPS mapping on your main screen. Otherwise skip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

everyone will have opinions on this.
    mine would be to skip both.
    my last 2 boats most of the "engine noise" was not exhaust related but whine from the vdrive/tranny. read a few things on dynamat on the front and lid of the engine compartment makes more difference than the surfpipe. only time we notice a stink is if we idle in one spot and sitting on the back. turn the key off.

again to each their own and for us box would remain unchecked....

no opinion on the gps. we checked it on the kaiyen that we built but didn't get to the point of discussing it's value.

post up screenshots of the colors you're going with.... looking fwd to seeing it...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My dealer said to skip those 2 things too. He said the surf pipe cuts down on exhaust (which apparently isn't that bad without the pipe) but doesn't really reduce noise at all.

surfpipe?...meh...I don't have one, and Zandar never complains about exhaust smell when surfing. The engine doesn't drown out the stereo even at high speeds. Save the money and use it for tower speakers.

GPS zero off?...definitely yes! It makes it so much easier to keep the speed steady for pulling a budding wakeboarder and/or surfer. Set it to 19.5 and he is wakeboarding at exactly that speed for the whole afternoon. Set it to 10.6 and he surfs at that exact speed all day. I also found it helpful on choppy days when the throttle sometimes would move up or down due to the chop. set the cruise control to whatever is comfortable in the chop and relax. Pulling back on the throttle will slow it down.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

The GPS cruise with mapping is pretty awesome if you tow to a lot different lakes that you don't have "local" knowledge of... nice to have Navionics maps on demand right on the dash. It pays for itself through running gear / hull damage mitigation.

My dealer warned against the factory surf pipe due to some issues with welds...
    2020 Kaiyen

I think if you do a lot of river riding, the GPS cruise would likely be a must have over the paddle wheel. I don't have it personally.

I have however had my Craz with and without the factory surf pipe. IMHO it's the best bang for your buck stereo upgrade when ticking boxes. I have a '17 before it was a factory offering, it's much cheaper to tick the box now, then install it/get it installed later.

(Do Dynamat as well. I did the bottom of my engine storage tray & underside of the vdrive panel)

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Had the perfect pass with the paddle wheel on my old Supra. worked well but took some tweaking of the settings. The GPS in my new Supra is absolutely better. I also got the surf pipe for the first time. While it does quiet down the exhaust, the boat is still ridiculously loud. I wish Supra/Moomba had an option for sound deadening material in the engine compartment. The engine noise and V-drive whine is much louder in my new SE vs my old Supra. I thought as these boats got more luxurious, they would be more quiet - boy was I wrong. That is my only disappointment with the boat. Otherwise, it is amazing. Anyway, Surf Pipe also does help with exhaust. I smelled it from time to time on my old boat. Never smell it now.
    2020 Supra SE 450

I ordered both on my 18 Max, only regret is not getting the gps map.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I love the deep growl in these Indmar V8's. Would not want to quiet it down. Why? One of my favorite things when my wife drops me off at the dock so I can get the truck, as she pulls away, she always revs it up and takes off, I always turn around to take in the deep V8 growl. It sounds awesome. I think she knows she's a tease

The boat is quiet enough to have a convo at low-moderate speeds. Who holds a convo when going fast anyways! I would not get the surf pipe for the noise. As far as exhaust, I have never stood back there surfing thinking the exhaust was bothersome. Frankly, cant even smell it. That's why I did not get that option in supra.

As far as GPS cruise, yes if it comes with GPS screen map, otherwise, what's the point. I had the paddle wheel cruise on my Mojo and it worked just fine for 5 yrs. Never failed me. Like RC said, it would be needed if you boat in a river, But in my opinion, I stay away from rivers with my boat.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost